First Name
Vito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I work in Pickering, so I don't think I'm too far from you. Our cars are twins, same trim and colour :thumbsup: The car drives real nice and it never slipped once.
From Toronto it's windy as hell right now
Sponsored

OP
OP
VIto416

VIto416

I ♥️ Honda
First Name
Vito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well lady and gents I ended up order the opt 7 Fluxbeam X came up to 125 Canadian shipping fees hurt but what can you do I will post pictures once it arrives and I install it and I'll make a video ;)

regularguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic EX w/sensing, 16 Civic EX
Country flag
are they still loose or look like they might come out? also did you have to mount the gray ballast looking thing and if so where?
Just checked and the bulbs are still solidly in place after driving through snow and several rainstorms. As for the little gray boxes, they seem to be sealed and solid, so I just let them hang down. At some point I will zip-tie them to something sturdy just for peace of mind.

OP
OP
VIto416

VIto416

I ♥️ Honda
First Name
Vito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Forgot to post pictures but I got my opt7 fluxbeam X H11 and I love them so much

Honda Civic 10th gen LED VS HID IMG_20170128_223039

Honda Civic 10th gen LED VS HID IMG_20170128_223039

Honda Civic 10th gen LED VS HID IMG_20170128_223044

Brettjod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX
Country flag
When I put led's 8n my civic I noticed they threw light about as far as the halogens but brighter. I wanted more distance so I aimed might lights up a bit. Only been flashed once in the last year. High beams kinda light up the tops of the trees though.

Jon Snow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Cosmic Blue Metallic
Country flag
I sprung extra for the Touring version (sedan) and after having owned the car for a year I can say hands down the LED headlights are my favorite thing about the car. They are just absolutely amazing, like no other lights I've ever experienced on any car. Not only are they super bright, but they evenly cover a very wide range in both x and y, you can see absolutely everything on the road, on the sides of the road, and signs above.

I can't speak to how they compare to HIDs (could be they are also great) but the LEDs on the Touring are incredible (I've had no issues in fairly heavy rain, have not seen snow though), I love them more every time I have to drive at night. I don't think I'll ever get another car without them. It's like going from a spinning disk to an SSD for your computer, you can never go back.

Problem is, my wife drives the new Civic most of the time. When I have to drive my old 2007 Mazda with standard headlights at night, I'm very sad.

Last edited:
OP
OP
VIto416

VIto416

I ♥️ Honda
First Name
Vito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I sprung extra for the Touring version (sedan) and after having owned the car for a year I can say hands down the LED headlights are my favorite thing about the car. They are just absolutely amazing, like no other lights I've ever experienced on any car. Not only are they super bright, but they evenly cover a very wide range in both x and y, you can see absolutely everything on the road, on the sides of the road, and signs above.

I can't speak to how they compare to HIDs (could be they are also great) but the LEDs on the Touring are incredible (I've had no issues in fairly heavy rain, have not seen snow though), I love them more every time I have to drive at night. I don't think I'll ever get another car without them. It's like going from a spinning disk to an SSD for your computer, you can never go back.

Problem is, my wife drives the new Civic most of the time. When I have to drive my old 2007 Mazda with standard headlights at night, I'm very sad.
Wife usually always win lmao

Brettjod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX
Country flag
I don't have that problem. My wife never wants to drive my car because she has an Escape Titanium lol

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My wife is content with her TSX, says our new civic has too many gadgets for her. She just wants to get in, turn it on and drive and use knobs for her radio and AC lol. though she did ask if I could make hers a little faster after the 3rd time she drove the civic!

Brettjod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX
Country flag
That's the part I don't like about the civic. When I drive my wife's escape and then drive my civic it's like I'm on my pedal bike lol

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
you have the 2.0 or the 1.5t I drove both and the turbo put the fun back in my driving. I had an 08 SI, traded to a Sport Accord and now into this. Best daily of the 3 by far

Brettjod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX
Country flag
It's the 2.0 ecoboost. I would have bought one instead of the civic but it just cost too much for what I wanted.

FK7Hatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Retrofit>HID>LED. LEDS throw most of your light into the foreground, which in turn looks brighter to the driver, but ruins your distance vision. This is what you don't want. HIDs have this issue to, but the hotspot is further up in the foreground and towards the bottom of the cutoff. This isn't ideal but works. Retrofits work best as most of the light is at the cutoff or just below, allowing you to see for a greater distance, and to see more on the sides.

STiTCH87

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan, 2006 Scion TC
Retrofit>HID>LED. LEDS throw most of your light into the foreground, which in turn looks brighter to the driver, but ruins your distance vision. This is what you don't want. HIDs have this issue to, but the hotspot is further up in the foreground and towards the bottom of the cutoff. This isn't ideal but works. Retrofits work best as most of the light is at the cutoff or just below, allowing you to see for a greater distance, and to see more on the sides.
I think it's also important to mention that LED Brand A, LED Brand B, and LED Brand C are WILDLY different.
Not all HID have the same pros or cons, not all LEDs do either.

I used Kensun LEDs and Philips LEDs and both were garbage. Now I use OPT7 FluxBeam X (Different than the non-x version) and they're FAR better than both others.

I used TheRetroFitSourceHID and they were awesome, used XenonDepot and hated them, used XenonSupply and they were garbage.

Cars were designed with halogen originally and people saw the road just fine for decades, now all of a sudden everyone "needs" HIDs. While it enables you to see better in some instances, having a bulb that's still better than halogen but doesn't burn out like an HID and doesn't get finger print issues and is a full waterproof setup with no ballast to mount is worth it to more and more people daily.

Are they as bright as HID? No, not yet. But close, and in a few years will be.

I am into the saltwater aquarium hobby and can promise you, there are LEDs out there bright enough that they use them in some lighthouses now, there are ones good enough for a simple headlight.

FK7Hatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I think it's also important to mention that LED Brand A, LED Brand B, and LED Brand C are WILDLY different.
Not all HID have the same pros or cons, not all LEDs do either.

I used Kensun LEDs and Philips LEDs and both were garbage. Now I use OPT7 FluxBeam X (Different than the non-x version) and they're FAR better than both others.

I used TheRetroFitSourceHID and they were awesome, used XenonDepot and hated them, used XenonSupply and they were garbage.

Cars were designed with halogen originally and people saw the road just fine for decades, now all of a sudden everyone "needs" HIDs. While it enables you to see better in some instances, having a bulb that's still better than halogen but doesn't burn out like an HID and doesn't get finger print issues and is a full waterproof setup with no ballast to mount is worth it to more and more people daily.

Are they as bright as HID? No, not yet. But close, and in a few years will be.

I am into the saltwater aquarium hobby and can promise you, there are LEDs out there bright enough that they use them in some lighthouses now, there are ones good enough for a simple headlight.
It all has to do with optics, and every led output shot I've seen posted in this thread has way to much foreground light
Sponsored