LED VS HID

mcartolano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Lunar Silver Metallic
If you want functionality over looks, although HIDs look great too, then go HIDs. If you dont care that your lights wont help you in the rain, go with LEDs they'll look awesome until you cant see in a rainstorm. I have had both in my civic. i thought the LEDs were good and had good throw down the road until I drove in the rain. I couldnt see crap and it was just your average rain. I have the Morimoto HID Elite 35W 6500K kit and it works great
I have led's and I saw just fine in a pouring rainstorm! It is a matter of taste.
Sponsored

OP
OP
VIto416

VIto416

I ♥️ Honda
First Name
Vito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What are top 3 brands I'm looking at the opt 7 but I don't like shipping fees I get lol sucks living in Canada

Farcry1010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
HID. Better light output and sharper cutoff.

That said, I'd recommend a quality kit backed with a solid warranty (e.g. Morimoto/XenonDepot/Diode Dynamics) rather than a cheap $50 kit.
Nice cutoff yes for HID. But me I like it to 'bleed' a bit so that's why I love my Touring. It is not blinding other drivers and it does light up street signs better at night. No need to slow down and give it high beams if looking for a street in unfamiliar territory( if you have HID's). My 2cents. I love the LED's.

OP
OP
VIto416

VIto416

I ♥️ Honda
First Name
Vito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do you have Amazon Prime? They ship FREE on there. The New Fluxbeam X's are only on the OPT7 site $109.
No prime might sign up order then cancel lol

Abramumum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 civic sedan LX CVT
I'm very happy with my Morimoto HID lows. They throw farther than my LED highs. But the highs cast very high and wide. The combination really makes appreciate that both remain on when using highbeams.

I also had Led lows for a bit. Certainly better than the OEM halogens, but now they sit in the glovebox as spares.

OP
OP
VIto416

VIto416

I ♥️ Honda
First Name
Vito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do you have Amazon Prime? They ship FREE on there. The New Fluxbeam X's are only on the OPT7 site $109.
I want the fluxbeam X but it total comes up to 145 with shipping

regularguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic EX w/sensing, 16 Civic EX
Country flag
I bought a $43 fanless pair of LEDs off Amazon. Much brighter than the stock halogens and identical cutoff as far as I can tell. See the pictures on my Amazon review.
http://goo.gl/kmakJe

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have led's and I saw just fine in a pouring rainstorm! It is a matter of taste.
no, its a proven fact that unless you have the Factory led lights in the touring, then led's are not brighter than HIDs. The lumens these chinese leds are putting on the boxes are inflated. plus LED light pattern is scattered in our projector lamps on the non touring civic. I know, i had them

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Me too. I have had 0 issues with mine. I love my Touring LED headlights.
TOuring LEDS are a completely different animal and not the LEDs that 99% of people are talking about. But if we want to go there, IIHS ranked the Touring LEDs as poor.....

Farcry1010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
TOuring LEDS are a completely different animal and not the LEDs that 99% of people are talking about. But if we want to go there, IIHS ranked the Touring LEDs as poor.....
Yeah. Sorry. Maybe I should t have commented. I have no familiarity with 'aftermarket' LED lights. I am sorry. But I do know that the stock Touring LEDs are awesome.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah. Sorry. Maybe I should t have commented. I have no familiarity with 'aftermarket' LED lights. I am sorry. But I do know that the stock Touring LEDs are awesome.
My mom has the Jewel Eye LEDs on her Acura ILX and those things are amazing

Farcry1010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
That rating has been discussed before. I will include a mediocre score for an Audi when the Touring light outperformed it in almost every category. So I don't know who grades these things. Unless I'm missing something. Maybe the bleeding is making them poor I mean it did cross it by 100%. Lol. I mean it threw 100 feet further (low beam) in the first test!
Now these aftermarket ones I never saw. Maybe if one of you can upload some installed pics.

Honda Civic 10th gen LED VS HID IMG_0991.PNG

Honda Civic 10th gen LED VS HID IMG_0992.PNG

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag
Neither. Aftermarket HID's/LED's without the proper lens:
Are illegal and could get you fined.
Temporarily blind people, which could cause the deaths of them, others, and you.
Piss people off and could cause road rage.
Damage the eyes.
Look like you're trying way too hard to seem cool. Especially since the reasoning about needing better lighting to see is mostly nonsense.

Even ignoring the other reasons, there's the fact that almost every jacked-up pickup truck has them. You know, the guys that floor it every few minutes, just to show off their bad ass black smoke mod and big rig exhaust sound? That alone tells me bright aftermarket headlights without projectors is something I probably don't want.

Regular halogen bulbs/lenses today project much brighter than they used to, and unless you have vision problems, are plenty bright.

http://www.lightmare.org/effect_on_vision.htm
https://www.injurylawcolorado.com/l...-intensity-headlights-cause-car-accidents.htm
https://www.change.org/p/california...ghts-and-soaring-death-rate-among-bike-riders

:stirthepot:
Sponsored

Last edited: