First Name
Vito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
ive been thinking of which one to buy i want people to tell me what they have and why they picked it :) thank you
Sponsored

Leetcivx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si
Country flag
i chose LED for my civic after many years of HID in other cars (both stock and aftermarket). i didnt like the "warm up time" (especially in sub zero temps during the winter). i also didnt want to be bothered mounting ballasts this time.

Nothing wrong with HID, i really liked them overall on my other vehicles (mercedes, gti, scion, explorer). i just wanted simplicity and preferred the immediate output in very cold temperatures.

I also like how my LED headlights perfectly match the DRLs.

OP
OP
VIto416

VIto416

I ♥️ Honda
First Name
Vito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i chose LED for my civic after many years of HID in other cars (both stock and aftermarket). i didnt like the "warm up time" (especially in sub zero temps during the winter). i also didnt want to be bothered mounting ballasts this time.

Nothing wrong with HID, i really liked them overall on my other vehicles (mercedes, gti, scion, explorer). i just wanted simplicity and preferred the immediate output in very cold temperatures.

I also like how my LED headlights perfectly match the DRLs.
What brand did you get because I'm looking into the opt7

Leetcivx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si
Country flag
I'll have to check later. Had them for almost a year so i don't remember which brand i bought. I don't think it's opt7 though. They don't have fans, they have the braided wire heat sinks. I didn't know how durable the fans were and didn't want to risk it overheating. Lights and moving parts didn't seem like a good idea to me at the time.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you want functionality over looks, although HIDs look great too, then go HIDs. If you dont care that your lights wont help you in the rain, go with LEDs they'll look awesome until you cant see in a rainstorm. I have had both in my civic. i thought the LEDs were good and had good throw down the road until I drove in the rain. I couldnt see crap and it was just your average rain. I have the Morimoto HID Elite 35W 6500K kit and it works great

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I like my OPT7 for brightness and cutoff. I'm curious however, to see how much brighter the OPT7 Fluxbeam X's and Morimoto's new LED kit are?
I read a post of someone who bought the morimoto LED kit and they said they were not impressed with them as they felt they were similar to other LD lights they had

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't have too much trouble with my LED's in the rain but yes they could be better.

Yes, I read that somewhere too about Morimoto. I've had countless HID kits from xenon-supply in previous cars and I just don't like installing the kits anymore and waiting for them to warm up. I am tempted to order the new Fluxbeam X's and put my old Fluxbeam LED's in my wife's '17 CRV.

One thing to note. I always change out my Fogs. I've been using Philips Crystal Vision Ultra for years.

My fogs are stock still, mostly laziness. I kind of want HIDs in there too but I have no idea where Id mount the ballasts. Probably have it professionally done. If not I may just throw some Crystal Vision or Silverstar zXe in there.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah or Philips makes the Ultinon LED Fogs but they are pricey and offer same output as Halogens
I hadnt seen those. Ill check em out. Thanks!

gav007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
I went with LEDs because I wanted plug-n-play and long lasting lights. I chose fanless LEDs over the fan ones, so that I don't hear the sound of the fan spin inside the car.

wilbur_the_goose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Coupe Touring, '14 BMW 328i Sport Line
Country flag
I have xenon on one car and LEDs on my Civic. The only advantage to the xenons is that the car they're on have "adaptive headlights", which change light direction based on your steering. Other than that, I much prefer LED

jackquelegs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback LX, 2015 BMW 328i xDrive
Country flag
It really depends on the kit you buy. Never go cheap and assume good performance.

I personally have the HID kit from morimoto. But I would've looked into LEDs if I didn't get the kit on sale.
Sponsored