LED Tail light bulb swap for si sedan

First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan
Country flag
I was thinking of swapping the rear brake/running light bulbs along with the rear indicator bulbs to LED for a cleaner look, does anyone have the sizes and specs for these bulbs so i can buy the right ones and will I have to change the signal relay to accommodate the LEDs?
Sponsored

Marcy161

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Post pictures once you are done installing them, cause I want to do this to my car also

Alejoviejo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Cadillac CTS, 2017 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
I switched my brake lights, trunk light, reverse lights, and interior lights to LED. Much cleaner look and brighter to boot. I have not done the turn signals yet but plan to soon since they will require load resistors on them.
I swapped my rear turn signal to LED without resistors. I've had since February/March and unlike some other LEDs; they're extremely bright in the day and not just at night

turbo lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
I swapped my rear turn signal to LED without resistors. I've had since February/March and unlike some other LEDs; they're extremely bright in the day and not just at night
Where did you get those LEDs?

Luckyarmpit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 VW Golf R, 2003 Wrangler TJ
Country flag
So, no hyperflash using the turn signals? I have the coupe; wonder if it's different than your sedan? I guess I could test this easily; just stick the brake light LED in there and see if I get the hyperflash or not.

Alejoviejo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

Alejoviejo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
My EXT has all rear LED from factory, except turn signals, I wonder why they are not LED also, since mirrors and front turns are also leds.

ShuJam

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Touring Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I thought about swapping the all of the rear lights to LED but I didn't see any gain by changing those. The turn signal is the only thing I see as a real improvement
Depending on the LEDs, they can be brighter than the stock lights, meaning easier to see when backing up in the dark, and easier for drivers behind to recognize you are braking. LEDs also light up instantaneously, whereas regular bulbs do take a split second longer to fully light up. The ones I swapped in for my brake and backup lights are significantly brighter. I myself have left the rear turn signals stock, at least for now.
My EXT has all rear LED from factory, except turn signals, I wonder why they are not LED also, since mirrors and front turns are also leds.
Cost is what it really comes to. You must have a slightly different setup than the Civics in North America. As the Civics here do not have rear LED brake or backup lights, just the non-brake tail lights are LED. And only the top of the line models have LED front headlamps, including the front turn signals.

Last edited:

Luckyarmpit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 VW Golf R, 2003 Wrangler TJ
Country flag