LED swaps for Halogens?

• Thread starter Deleted member 34948
  • Start date
  • Watchers 5

Deleted member 34948

Hey CivicX,
I'm planning on getting a Civic EX-L sometime soon, and I would love to swap out the halogen headlights on it for LED headlights for better visibility at night, any recommendations on what brands you guys have used that are dependable and would basically have the same visibility as the Touring headlights? Bulbs / actual headlight swaps are welcome.
Sponsored

NonyaBisness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
I got the Morimotto's for the High Beams, they are OK, not great, color is similar to the DRL's, personally I find that color to be to far toward the blue spectrum, I prefer things closer to the 4000k temp range, but thats me.

OP
OP

Deleted member 34948

I got the Morimotto's for the High Beams, they are OK, not great, color is similar to the DRL's, personally I find that color to be to far toward the blue spectrum, I prefer things closer to the 4000k temp range, but thats me.
What do you have for the low beams?

NonyaBisness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
What do you have for the low beams?
4500k Morimotto HID in the stock Projector, I thought about LED's for the low beams, but I took the "devil you know" route and went with HID's for the lows then opted for the LED's on the high beams because HID's don't make good high beams unless you have Bixenon projectors (the projectors where the cutoff shield flip down using a solenoid to turn the low beam into a high beam) and because of the warm up time HID's need, just make them not good for high beams.

silverblip

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota TRD Off-Road MT
Country flag
i purchased the hikari "eye of megatron" leds for the low beams and i love em. also got lasfit switchback leds for the fogs so i can have white or yellow fogs by just off/on switch.
I agree completely about the eye of megatrons, love them.
Where and how hard an installation are the switchbacks and the switch?

vandalSI

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic Si sedan
Country flag
Switchbacks install like regular led bulbs. Just turn fogs off and back on within 5 seconds and they switch from white to yellow.

HalfBreed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Sport Sedan, 2.0 CVT
Country flag
I have the Lasfit LA Plus series for my low beams. I like them. Not really sure if they're worth the $72 they cost, considering some of the Amazon LEDs are cheaper and also have good reviews.

Honda Civic 10th gen LED swaps for Halogens? PJJ7AoP

Honda Civic 10th gen LED swaps for Halogens? s2iunZL

Honda Civic 10th gen LED swaps for Halogens? F1D4dDQ

arsh88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Katana's. I have a whole thread on it with a ton of forum members agreeing that they're fantastic AND they're only $48 but perform as well if not better than the hikari's that cost $100.
Sponsored