GiulzFoc

Hatcharelli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looking to change my high and low beams to LEDs along with my fogs to match my DRLs. Any recommendations on plug and play LEDs that are reliable? Willing to pay more for more reliable LEDs.
Sponsored

teders

First Name
Ted Dorosheff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I found these:

https://www.ledguys.net/collections...civic-low-beam-headlights?variant=35913631696

Wondering what the opinion of these are from some of the folks on here. I also looked at the Morimoto H11 bulbs, and they were nearly $100 more than the ones from ledguys. Any idea why those are so expensive? I'm assuming a level of quality can account for it, but is there some other difference? One thing i noticed is that the Morimoto bulbs had the driver box that basically facilitated the connection between the bulbs wiring and the cars wiring, and the bulbs from ledguys did not. The bulbs from ledguys can be plugged right into the wiring from the vehicle without the need of the driver box. What does that box do?

OP
OP
GiulzFoc

GiulzFoc

Hatcharelli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I found these:

https://www.ledguys.net/collections...civic-low-beam-headlights?variant=35913631696

Wondering what the opinion of these are from some of the folks on here. I also looked at the Morimoto H11 bulbs, and they were nearly $100 more than the ones from ledguys. Any idea why those are so expensive? I'm assuming a level of quality can account for it, but is there some other difference? One thing i noticed is that the Morimoto bulbs had the driver box that basically facilitated the connection between the bulbs wiring and the cars wiring, and the bulbs from ledguys did not. The bulbs from ledguys can be plugged right into the wiring from the vehicle without the need of the driver box. What does that box do?
The ledguys low beam ones are exactly what I'm looking for. They seem legit and around 60-70$ is where I was drawing line for just bulbs. Their fog light ones look good aswell.

teders

First Name
Ted Dorosheff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The ledguys low beam ones are exactly what I'm looking for. They seem legit and around 60-70$ is where I was drawing line for just bulbs. Their fog light ones look good aswell.
From the morimoto site regarding the driver boxes:

"Daytime Running Lights: The vast majority of other LED headlight bulbs are powered by drivers that flicker, flash, or simply wont turn on when powered by a low voltage DRL (daytime running light) circuit. The 2Stroke works like a charm here, behaving as it should and simply running at a lower intensity. A simple, smart, compact voltage regulator that's protected inside of a sealed aluminum housing drives the 2Stroke's CREE XHP50 LED chips at varying degrees of intensity depending on the input voltage. Max output is reached at 10V."

So now im wondering if those ledguys lights will flicker...

OP
OP
GiulzFoc

GiulzFoc

Hatcharelli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
From the morimoto site regarding the driver boxes:

"Daytime Running Lights: The vast majority of other LED headlight bulbs are powered by drivers that flicker, flash, or simply wont turn on when powered by a low voltage DRL (daytime running light) circuit. The 2Stroke works like a charm here, behaving as it should and simply running at a lower intensity. A simple, smart, compact voltage regulator that's protected inside of a sealed aluminum housing drives the 2Stroke's CREE XHP50 LED chips at varying degrees of intensity depending on the input voltage. Max output is reached at 10V."

So now im wondering if those ledguys lights will flicker...
What Morimoto LEDs are you exactly talking about. I'm looking at a bunch of different ones with all various prices...

OP
OP
GiulzFoc

GiulzFoc

Hatcharelli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
the morimoto LED H11 2 stroke bulbs
the morimoto LED H11 2 stroke bulbs
These Morimotos look very reliable and for 120$ it's not too bad of a price. Do you think the light from them will match the DRLs well? Might look into morimoto some more and see if they have fog bulbs. I'd like to keep all my lights the same brand lmao

teders

First Name
Ted Dorosheff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you want the Morimoto fogs you are going to have to pay out as well. They have a full housing replacement setup for $170 that a few have already done on here. I used these on my 2010 Si and they are great. https://www.theretrofitsource.com/hid-systems/fog-lights/honda-round-morimoto-xb-led.html
yeah thats way more than i want to spend on lights. would rather spend on engine mods. If all i really want to do is make it so that my yellow halogen bulbs are more white, what should i do?

OP
OP
GiulzFoc

GiulzFoc

Hatcharelli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you want the Morimoto fogs you are going to have to pay out as well. They have a full housing replacement setup for $170 that a few have already done on here. I used these on my 2010 Si and they are great. https://www.theretrofitsource.com/hid-systems/fog-lights/honda-round-morimoto-xb-led.html
Decided to buy the Morimoto HIDs since they are supposed to look and perform better with my projector headlights. Would putting LEDs as my fog lights and high beams make it look weird or does it not matter if it is all a certain light or not?

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
yeah thats way more than i want to spend on lights. would rather spend on engine mods. If all i really want to do is make it so that my yellow halogen bulbs are more white, what should i do?
Just replace them with one of the LED kits. Your choice as you don't want to spend money on quality products.

teders

First Name
Ted Dorosheff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If they use heatsinks instead of fans they may overheat or the output may not be what you were expecting. Someone posted up a comparison videos of the top 10 brands of LED kits. Let me see if I can find it. Here you go. OPT7 LEDs are rated shit according to this comparison.

Last edited:

batman900

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type-R 2020 4Runner 2019 Camry 2011 Accord
Country flag
Been using Genssi brand on my wife's Rav4 for almost a year now without issue, they run as the DRL and low beam, no fan. I read they use Phillips parts, plan to try a set for my hatch in the future. Think they run around 60-70. Light output seems similar to stock just a better color, she thinks they are brighter, I don't.
Sponsored