LED Footwell Lights

NoyBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
This is the most complete LED wiring thread so I thought I'd post this here rather than a separate page. I drew up a diagram of how I want this to work. I've got a dimmer switch which will allow me to turn it on and off whenever. I've also got this wired up to the ground of the dome so that whenever the dome lights up, so does the LEDs (during door open or unlock), but when the dome switch is turned off, the LEDs won't turn on just like the dome light.

According to Kusoyaro's post above, it looks like I'll need to find that harness for the dome lights and put a T-tap on the grey wire. I just wanted to see if anyone could confirm whether or not this would give me the desired effect, in regards to tapping into the correct wire for the dome light. I really hate that we can't buy a permanent service manual for this stuff. Also, sorry for the necro but figured it'd be ok to keep this information complete.

Honda Civic 10th gen LED Footwell Lights wiri
Sponsored

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just got the OEM red footwells and they work exactly how I thought they would. Just enough light to see but not enough to distract. Seeing some of these pics, I don't know how you guys don't have issues seeing out the windows at night.

pqt2016civic

First Name
Quang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
In case no one mentions this, there is a 6 pin that is a 5 pin plug by the interior fuse box which provides the foot well connection. If you are good with soldering wires then this method is better than the 12v. In the 5 pin, the pink/redish wire is the hot and the purple smaller wire right next to it is the proper ground that dims/turn off the foot well light.
Are these the wires you referring to?

Honda Civic 10th gen LED Footwell Lights Footwell

jortanez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Does anyone know which fuse is for the illumination of the buttons on the center console at night?

BrianDevin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 EX HatchWagon
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
that bin underneath where the 12v is located seems perfect for aftermarket upgrades like this without having visible cables.
Can confirm. I had purchased some cheapo lighting that I wrote about here and I stuffed the majority of the wiring down there

jritt

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch
Country flag
can anybody show pictures of where your LEDs are mounted? Mine are coming in this week, but I have no idea what I'm going to mount them to

kenshin03

First Name
kenshin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic ext 17
Country flag
Can someone help me please,
I order the tap fuse adapter however the fuse came with it is 15amp only ...can I use this or shoudl I buy a lower amps?

Thanks!

dbeer

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si sedan
Country flag
I know everyone is focusing on the wiring to the fuse box but I'm still trying to plan out the more basic question. How to actually run the LED kits. For the single chain kit lights, Im thinking start at the driver, goto the rear left passenger, rear right passenger, and finally front right passenger. The wire would tuck in under the central console going to each position?

For the kind of kit that each of the four locations come out of a center piece, how do you wire this. I would not want to use the space where the usb/12v plug as the place where the cabling can be fed through between driver and passenger. Are you removing the center console to get the wiring through between the driver and passenger side? I dont see a location that a led strip and its wire could be fed through starting from either the passenger or the driver side to the other.

Just looking for some advice as to how to make this work with the least amount of dis-assembly.

NoyBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
I would not want to use the space where the usb/12v plug as the place where the cabling can be fed through between driver and passenger. Are you removing the center console to get the wiring through between the driver and passenger side?.
I didn't take anything apart in regards to feeding the lights through the center console. I was able to easily lift the center console enough to slide the lights underneath. I took something else to pry the other side so that I could slide the lights from one side to the other, and that was it.

hello_adriana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
I just purchased the oem led footwell ambient lights. We followed the install instructions from college hills Honda. Now the blue light up by the map lights and the light under the head unit that illuminates that little tray (and the ambient lights in the footwells) all don’t turn on. Anyone have any idea what might have happened?

Zange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 WoP Civic Touring
Country flag
I just purchased the oem led footwell ambient lights. We followed the install instructions from college hills Honda. Now the blue light up by the map lights and the light under the head unit that illuminates that little tray (and the ambient lights in the footwells) all don’t turn on. Anyone have any idea what might have happened?
fuse maybe?