LED Footwell Lights

Bigboss954

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda cx-7
Hey,

Yea ive seen these. For the money its not worth it just get a 2 piece kit from led glow or opt7 its a better investment for the same cost,
Awesome, thank you for the response. Suppose to be heading out soon. I'll just pick up more LEDs for the dome light and trunk instead.
Sponsored

Zange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 WoP Civic Touring
Country flag
So I just purchased Opt7 led lights. Came with 6 strips and three different add a fuse sizes which I'm assuming is that different cars have different fuses that one might wanna connect to. My goal is to have it connect to when I unlock the door or when I have it in park that it will light up. I would assume it would have to be the interior lights as that is what connects to dome and such which light up when I do either action. That fuse in sadly under hood, so my question is is there a way to run a wire from there to the inside ? Or can I some how use the fuse inside to do so. Also having it on 18 or 20 like others do does it stay on only when car is on and off when car is off?

Civicx2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
car
So I just purchased Opt7 led lights. Came with 6 strips and three different add a fuse sizes which I'm assuming is that different cars have different fuses that one might wanna connect to. My goal is to have it connect to when I unlock the door or when I have it in park that it will light up. I would assume it would have to be the interior lights as that is what connects to dome and such which light up when I do either action. That fuse in sadly under hood, so my question is is there a way to run a wire from there to the inside ? Or can I some how use the fuse inside to do so. Also having it on 18 or 20 like others do does it stay on only when car is on and off when car is off?

damn missed to reply, so idk how to hook it up so that it turns on with the interior lights i believe you have to wire it around the side curtain airbags to the center dome light which seems dangerous, i just used the fuse that stays on afterwards cause i wanted to control it using the remote

chrisliese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic exl-t, 2002 Honda s2000 turbo, 2016 Honda Odyssey
Has anyone looked at ordering and installing the factory kit or is that not possible?

Civiccoupe16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic coupe EX T HS
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Here's mine....connect to the 12v.
Also connect to my phone so can change my colors and patterns.
It will also go with the music if I want.

Honda Civic 10th gen LED Footwell Lights 20170223_194556

Honda Civic 10th gen LED Footwell Lights Screenshot_20170404-211314

SaliSal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
These are the ones I got this time.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B006U5SE7U/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awd_ntk0wb6PA41RS

My last car I just got a roll of LEDs, cut them to size, then soldered and whatnot to make them work. This car I opted for a pre cut kit and it was way easier to work with. The kit listed above is highly recommended. And it is multicolored so you can match the color to the in dash touchscreen color of your choice.
Did you find these to be too bright at night?

enishi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sedan ext
Country flag
In case no one mentions this, there is a 6 pin that is a 5 pin plug by the interior fuse box which provides the foot well connection. If you are good with soldering wires then this method is better than the 12v. In the 5 pin, the pink/redish wire is the hot and the purple smaller wire right next to it is the proper ground that dims/turn off the foot well light.

IronFusion

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
In case no one mentions this, there is a 6 pin that is a 5 pin plug by the interior fuse box which provides the foot well connection. If you are good with soldering wires then this method is better than the 12v. In the 5 pin, the pink/redish wire is the hot and the purple smaller wire right next to it is the proper ground that dims/turn off the foot well light.
Might be better to tap a fuse and added a fused connection. Especially if your light kit isn't IP rated.
Sponsored