LED Footwell Lights

Andy123az

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Acura MDX Tech, 2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
By no luck you mean there not turning on whatsoever with or without the car on?
They aren't turning on whatsoever. Tried all three of the fuses but no luck. Kinda frustrating. I grounded the black wire with a circular terminal plug to the bolt directly to the right of the fuse box. I couldn't remove the washer on the bolt so the terminal plug was between the plastic and the metal washer. Maybe that's why the kit isn't turning on? I couldn't find another place to ground as all the other bolts were really tight to remove.
Sponsored

Civicx2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
car
They aren't turning on whatsoever. Tried all three of the fuses but no luck. Kinda frustrating. I grounded the black wire with a circular terminal plug to the bolt directly to the right of the fuse box. I couldn't remove the washer on the bolt so the terminal plug was between the plastic and the metal washer. Maybe that's why the kit isn't turning on? I couldn't find another place to ground as all the other bolts were really tight to remove.
yea i think i know which bolt your talking about, this bolt next to the black wire right?

Honda Civic 10th gen LED Footwell Lights IMG_5355

Civicx2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
car
try ground it to the exterior door bolt i know it has paint but just to check that the lights work or there is a bolt on the bottom right of the gas peddle,

but if not it could be the fuse taps so just stick the wire in between a fuse and the fuse box and push the fuse in. (this method is unsafe af it can cause arcing lol but this is just to see if the lights work assuming the ground works) I wired an entire led kit this way and nothing happened so itll work to test it but try at your own risk*

Andy123az

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen LED Footwell Lights image
Um, I think my failure to install the lighting kit is purely my fault. As I was cleaning out all the packaging the lighting kit came in, I found a fuse that I was missing the entire time. It's a mini low-pro that's pink with the number 4 on it. I was wondering why the add a circuit wire had 2 slots for fuses. I guess the pink one goes in there as well. I'll re-attempt this tomorrow with the pink fuse and hope that it works.

Civicx2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
car
so you were trying to install an add a circuit adapter without the fuse? lol thatll do it

btw can you let me know if the bolt provides proper grounding i might use that one instead of opening up the kick panel

Andy123az

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
so you were trying to install an add a circuit adapter without the fuse? lol thatll do it

btw can you let me know if the bolt provides proper grounding i might use that one instead of opening up the kick panel
Yep, the kit lit up. I was sitting there for a good hour or so trying to connect and disconnect everything but when I went back to clean up the packaging after I gave up, the pink fuse slid out and i felt so stupid at that moment. Guess it doesn't hurt to take a look at the installation manual that's given.

Civicx2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
car
Yep, the kit lit up. I was sitting there for a good hour or so trying to connect and disconnect everything but when I went back to clean up the packaging after I gave up, the pink fuse slid out and i felt so stupid at that moment. Guess it doesn't hurt to take a look at the installation manual that's given.
great news haha glad it worked out, i didnt think to ask about the fuse

Andy123az

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Can anyone with a similar kit share the locations in which the lights are mounted to? Currently can't find anyplace to ziptie the lights to. Temporarily held on by tape.

Civicx2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
car
Aight so for the rear two i felt a metal bar you could zip tie it on

Front passenger there are few holes you should be able to pass the zip tie through but these holes are oriented horizontally so add another small zip tie create a link like those paper chains

For the driver tour gonna have to find some stuff havent looked under there

Bigboss954

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda cx-7
Happy 2017 folks. I'm sorry for reviving a old thread but I'm interested in doing this mod. For now I want to test it out. Walmart has some led kits and I saw a couple I may want. One being a alpena flexled. Has anyone had experience with these?

Honda Civic 10th gen LED Footwell Lights Screenshot_20170101-135034

Civicx2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
car
Happy 2017 folks. I'm sorry for reviving a old thread but I'm interested in doing this mod. For now I want to test it out. Walmart has some led kits and I saw a couple I may want. One being a alpena flexled. Has anyone had experience with these?

Screenshot_20170101-135034.png

Hey,

Yea ive seen these. For the money its not worth it just get a 2 piece kit from led glow or opt7 its a better investment for the same cost,
Sponsored