LED Footwell Lights

kered424

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX w/ Honda Sensing
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for the info - I liked your LED light bulb solution since it looks like from the photo that it is much dimmer than the LED strips - do you know how much kelvin rating (brightness) they have?
I have no clue. I just picked the one with the least # of LEDs
Sponsored

kered424

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sorry for the many questions - how hot would you say the LED bulb gets - would it be something to be concerned of?
No prob. I haven't actually felt the bulbs after I've installed them, but I can't imagine them to get that hot. They might get warm, but not hot, so I'm not concerned at all. I can check later tonight if I do any night-time driving

andi_sf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring WOP
No prob. I haven't actually felt the bulbs after I've installed them, but I can't imagine them to get that hot. They might get warm, but not hot, so I'm not concerned at all. I can check later tonight if I do any night-time driving
Yup - if you could check how hot the bulb gets that wouldbe great ;)

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
Thanks for the info - I liked your LED light bulb solution since it looks like from the photo that it is much dimmer than the LED strips - do you know how much kelvin rating (brightness) they have?
Just as an FYI, Kelvins are used as a measure of light temperature in the visible spectrum (in the grand scheme of things) - a rough idea would be 2500K, 5000K, 8000K, 11000K: yellow, daylight white, bluish white, purpley white, respectively.

Brightness is measured in Lumens.

If you think the LEDs you have are too bright you can just hook resistors to it to decrease the current going to the LED's.

andi_sf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring WOP
Just as an FYI, Kelvins are used as a measure of light temperature in the visible spectrum (in the grand scheme of things) - a rough idea would be 2500K, 5000K, 8000K, 11000K: yellow, daylight white, bluish white, purpley white, respectively.

If you think the LEDs you have are too bright you can just hook resistors to it to decrease the current going to the LED's.
Thanks for the info - always something new to learn ;)

OP
OP
lucashend

lucashend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Or you could hook up a dimmer, which is what I have done, so you can dim them at night and brighten them in the day if you would like.

kered424

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Does not get hot at all.

sk8almost44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Touring
Country flag
Under the center console, very easy, didn't even have to touch the carpet.
And the blue led door sill is a Honda accessory I got through the dealership for free when I got it, along with the deep floor mats and trunk tray.

BrandonR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
I know this thread is old but i have questions on how you attached the light strips to the passenger side. I tried 3M tape but it keeps on coming off and theres is harldy any room to ziptie it i dont know what to do anymore

OP
OP
lucashend

lucashend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I know this thread is old but i have questions on how you attached the light strips to the passenger side. I tried 3M tape but it keeps on coming off and theres is harldy any room to ziptie it i dont know what to do anymore
I taped in between the LED modules with electrical tape. Seems to be holding pretty well. Doesn't look the prettiest, but no one is going to be on the floor looking up in the footwell.

kered424

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I didn't use LED strips, so I don't have that issue, but if the strips are going to be a permanent thing, you can just glue it in place.

BrandonR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
I taped in between the LED modules with electrical tape. Seems to be holding pretty well. Doesn't look the prettiest, but no one is going to be on the floor looking up in the footwell.
I didnt even think of that! The 3m tape worked good until my car was in the heat and it started falling down. Got tired of applying new strips of the tape but regular scotch tape would work just as good as the electrical right?

OP
OP
lucashend

lucashend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I didnt even think of that! The 3m tape worked good until my car was in the heat and it started falling down. Got tired of applying new strips of the tape but regular scotch tape would work just as good as the electrical right?
I would assume most tapes would work. Electrical tape was the first kind I found that I had on hand
Sponsored