First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EF9 DC2 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So I was browsing the Genuine JDM Civic Type R Accessories catalog when I came across this little option:
Honda Civic 10th gen LED Dome Light eLCtacH

Several years ago, I purchased this exact one thinking it would fit my Integra. I didn't fit at all for some reason and I put it in a car part storage bin thinking maybe one day I will sell it. After moving I completely forgot about until I saw it in the catalog and was totally stoked that this might just fit my new FK8, and in fact it did!!!

Here is the stock one installed:
Honda Civic 10th gen LED Dome Light Da8pxD6

Removed:
Honda Civic 10th gen LED Dome Light uIdqv2H

Bracket to install new light:
Honda Civic 10th gen LED Dome Light 9GZCTp4

Installed with dome light on:
Honda Civic 10th gen LED Dome Light 0DzkYcr

Spot light on and "Room Light" on. It would be better in red other than blue but whatevs it's cool nonetheless:
Honda Civic 10th gen LED Dome Light uXGeqeI

Side-by-side:

Blue Fancy Light:
Honda Civic 10th gen LED Dome Light l6suXif

Honda Civic 10th gen LED Dome Light xWfeavG

Last edited:

Night Fury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Type R
Country flag
So I was browsing the Genuine JDM Civic Type R Accessories catalog when I came across this little option:
Honda Civic 10th gen LED Dome Light eLCtacH

Several years ago, I purchased this exact one thinking it would fit my Integra. I didn't fit at all for some reason and I put it in a car part storage bin thinking maybe one day I will sell it. After moving I completely forgot about until I saw it in the catalog and was totally stoked that this might just fit my new FK8, and in fact it did!!!

Honda Civic 10th gen LED Dome Light Da8pxD6

Removed:
Honda Civic 10th gen LED Dome Light uIdqv2H

Frame to install new light:

Honda Civic 10th gen LED Dome Light 0DzkYcr

Spot light on and "Room Light" on. It would be better in red other than blue but whatevs it's cool nonetheless:
Thanks for sharing, what is the your part number: the 010 or the 000?
thanks for sharing again :thumbsup:

few35t

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RR CTR, 2010 Civic Si
Country flag
Damn and it's a genuine part! You're right though really need some to be red.

OP
OP

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EF9 DC2 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For anyone who is wondering, I will be ordering three of these dome lights. PM me if you're interested in getting one.

c0sm0s

the m0derater
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Acura RSX Type S, 2017 Honda Civic Type R #4026
Country flag
Might be interested depending on price

GenXCTR

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen LED Dome Light {filename}

Removed:

Bracket to install new light:

Side-by-side:

Blue Fancy Light:

Awesome install right here, nice work! I agree with the red would be better comment, but this is really sweet and a definite upgrade from the regular ol' dome light that's in there.

Quesion: Is the LED lighting (dome) more of a blue white (6000-7000k) or more of a true white (5000k)? It's obvious that the ambient/room light is really blue and maybe even the spot light appears blue, but it's always tough to tell from pictures how blue or white LEDs are. Thanks!

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
installed!
I'm going to take it that this install is literally as easy as remove and replace?

Dads coming back from Japan in a few days so I had him pick me up one while he was over there so just curious to see what's involved.

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
I'm going to take it that this install is literally as easy as remove and replace?

Dads coming back from Japan in a few days so I had him pick me up one while he was over there so just curious to see what's involved.
yes, it's as simple and remove and reinstall. but my kit didn't come with the proper harness, so you'll have to add a ground wire to the factory harness and ground it, then plug factor side (now with 3-wires) to the provided harness (that came with the kit) and you're good to go!

oh one more thing, the ground wire that was supplied with my kit didn't fit my harness; the pin was to big to fit into the factory harness, so I've enlarged the square hole for the ground pin and threaded it thru the enlarge front side, then pull the rest of the ground wire thru from the back side. just like threading a thread thru a needle. Basically, find a way to add the ground wire and you're good to go.

Last edited:
OP
OP

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EF9 DC2 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Well, I sent UFO the wrong subharness, so it was more involved. I didn't have any subharness, so there was a little wiring similar to UFO. I was finally able to get subharnesses that I have a proper connection and crimps to make it easier.
Sponsored