Leather Honda Insight Armrest pieces fit Civic?

OP
OP

Bru87tr

Awesome find!! I really do not like the fabric they chose for the center console and armrests in my Si. I just ordered all the pieces $140 shipped is totally worth it
How did you get it cheaper than me ? :)

I paid $150 after shipping for the console and two front door armrests.

OP
OP

Bru87tr

I am actually quite surprised for how long the 10gen has been out and how hard it is to find leather pieces on ebay. Cloth yes, but not leather.

Guess Touring owners are safer drivers.

OP
OP

Deleted member 28465

Just found out that if you have a model civic in which the center console is not dampened (slams shut), you can buy the OEM torque hinge which will let it close slowly.
This goes for all civics, whether you will be changing out the console (such as above) or not. 25$ for a hinge isn't worth it for me, but just thought I'd let everyone know :)

83404-TBA-A01

blackie X

First Name
tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
I was able to cancel my order, now to decide to order those insight parts. Seeing as they are basically the same part# we are sure they are leather even though it doesn't say ?

On the OEM site they state leather in the description.
i also cancelled my order, so i can add the armrests as well. wasnt willing to shell out an extra $16 for shipping and tax

Edd

First Name
Edd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX sedan
Country flag
Hello! I have recently decided to start switching all the black fabric material in my Civic to the OEM leather pieces. While looking at the Honda Insight, I noticed that the center console is the exact same as the Civic, and most likely have the same mounts due to the upgraded armrest accessory that fits both models. By looking at the diagram for the Insight door linings, they appear to have identical mounts as well. The civic leather pieces are hundreds of dollars, while the insight leather pieces are about 20$ each. I will probably be going for the whole 5 pieces (two front door armrests, and three piece center console). If anyone knows for sure if these will fit, let me know! Thanks!

Leather Insight Armrest:
83503-TXM-A51ZA
83553-TXM-A51ZA
Leather Insight Console:
83416-TXM-A11ZA
83441-TXM-A01ZA
83411-TXM-A11ZA

By these parts fitting I could get the same leather parts as the Civic by saving hundreds of dollars!
Nice find! Thanks for doing the research.
I was trying to find leather to match my EX sedan Ivory interior. (Bought some Chinese leather that turned out to be some odd orangeish-beige color---it shouldn't be a color, it's that ugly.)
Anyway, ordered the three center armrest pieces in Ivory color to complement my seat color. Can't beat the (current) pricing...

sgtmorph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Sport Hatchback (Boost Blue)
Country flag
So the stitching on the insight probably comes in either silver or white for the center console.
I've seen some posts where it was attempted to sharpie them but it looked more orange than red.
So while it would be nice to have red stitching on this center console, it's def not worth the hassle of paying for these pieces to be re-stitched to red.
And so if I'm not feeling the white/silver stitch, I may actually sharpie them black to hide them. :hmm:
Thoughts everyone???

OP
OP

Deleted member 28465

So the stitching on the insight probably comes in either silver or white for the center console.
I've seen some posts where it was attempted to sharpie them but it looked more orange than red.
So while it would be nice to have red stitching on this center console, it's def not worth the hassle of paying for these pieces to be re-stitched to red.
And so if I'm not feeling the white/silver stitch, I may actually sharpie them black to hide them. :hmm:
Thoughts everyone???
Instead of sharpie, maybe you could use fabric dye in an eye dropper bottle? That may turn out better, just a thought.

sgtmorph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Sport Hatchback (Boost Blue)
Country flag
Instead of sharpie, maybe you could use fabric dye in an eye dropper bottle? That may turn out better, just a thought.
AHHH yes that's a better idea, thank you!!! :thumbsup:

Maybe I can try a red first, and if it comes out like poo, then I can just do full black dye.

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
I assume the thread is nylon or polyester, no? If so, how well does something like that absorb dye?
Sponsored