Leather Honda Insight Armrest pieces fit Civic?

OP
OP

Bru87tr

Hello! I have recently decided to start switching all the black fabric material in my Civic to the OEM leather pieces. While looking at the Honda Insight, I noticed that the center console is the exact same as the Civic, and most likely have the same mounts due to the upgraded armrest accessory that fits both models. By looking at the diagram for the Insight door linings, they appear to have identical mounts as well. The civic leather pieces are hundreds of dollars, while the insight leather pieces are about 20$ each. I will probably be going for the whole 5 pieces (two front door armrests, and three piece center console). If anyone knows for sure if these will fit, let me know! Thanks!

Leather Insight Armrest:
83503-TXM-A51ZA
83553-TXM-A51ZA
Leather Insight Console:
83416-TXM-A11ZA
83441-TXM-A01ZA
83411-TXM-A11ZA

By these parts fitting I could get the same leather parts as the Civic by saving hundreds of dollars!
The armrests are the same part# cept for the TXM as well.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Bru87tr

I was able to cancel my order, now to decide to order those insight parts. Seeing as they are basically the same part# we are sure they are leather even though it doesn't say ?

On the OEM site they state leather in the description.

OP
OP

Deleted member 28465

I ordered all the parts, hopefully all work out ok. Worth the risk at that price.
Hey that’s great! If you end up posting how they fit please tag me in it so I can see. If you have any other questions just let me know! :)

OP
OP

Bru87tr

Ok, so I stopped by the dealer to check out a Insight. Dealer is at the end of my street.

They didn't have a Touring/Leather. But, the interior pieces are exact to the civic. Now I wish I got the back arm rests.

The back arm rest are the same part# as the civic, just replace the civic part# in the middle with TXM.

OP
OP

Deleted member 28465

Ok, so I stopped by the dealer to check out a Insight. Dealer is at the end of my street.

They didn't have a Touring/Leather. But, the interior pieces are exact to the civic. Now I wish I got the back arm rests.

The back arm rest are the same part# as the civic, just replace the civic part# in the middle with TXM.
That’s awesome! Did you happen to notice if the center council was dampened?

OP
OP

Bru87tr

It felt just like the civic. But being leather it's thicker and prob feels a little thicker. Wouldn't be surprised being for touring that there is a bit of cushion under the leather.

They had no leather interior Insights on the lot that I could see. Infact I only seen 4.

I didn't think of pulling off the side piece to see if same connectors.

OP
OP

Deleted member 28465

It felt just like the civic. But being leather it's thicker and prob feels a little thicker. Wouldn't be surprised being for touring that there is a bit of cushion under the leather.

They had no leather interior Insights on the lot that I could see. Infact I only seen 4.

I didn't think of pulling off the side piece to see if same connectors.
Okay, sounds good!

yunghro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic LX
Country flag
So are the insight arm rests the same as the civic? So I can order some as well

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hello! I have recently decided to start switching all the black fabric material in my Civic to the OEM leather pieces. While looking at the Honda Insight, I noticed that the center console is the exact same as the Civic, and most likely have the same mounts due to the upgraded armrest accessory that fits both models. By looking at the diagram for the Insight door linings, they appear to have identical mounts as well. The civic leather pieces are hundreds of dollars, while the insight leather pieces are about 20$ each. I will probably be going for the whole 5 pieces (two front door armrests, and three piece center console). If anyone knows for sure if these will fit, let me know! Thanks!

Leather Insight Armrest:
83503-TXM-A51ZA
83553-TXM-A51ZA
Leather Insight Console:
83416-TXM-A11ZA
83441-TXM-A01ZA
83411-TXM-A11ZA

By these parts fitting I could get the same leather parts as the Civic by saving hundreds of dollars!
appreciate the sharing.
is it the skin only or the actual piece?

what year is this insight? I tried to search the parts number here in Toronto Canada but it didnt have that parts available.

alias Igme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Romeo 156, Honda Civic (1.5t hatchback)
Country flag
Just curious - would it be more cost effective to just buy the leather replacements?
I remember seeing those on some online shop (at least the central console ones) when I was looking for some other stuff. I would have looked at it more if it can be used as a fit-over the existing leather (just to match the knob cover and steering wheel cover that I ordered). But it seems that it needs to be taped to the plastic, so I did not look at it further.

blackie X

First Name
tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag

Leather Insight Armrest:
83503-TXM-A51ZA
83553-TXM-A51ZA
Leather Insight Console:
83416-TXM-A11ZA
83441-TXM-A01ZA
83411-TXM-A11ZA

thanks for the post, i think i may pull the trigger on these as well. been looking for an option to upgrade from the cloth on my SI center console. clearly will have to pull the trigger real soon before the prices get increased

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
I like that this could be a direct OEM replacement, that's plug and play. However, that's a pretty steep price when in reality you can buy leather and wrap them yourselves for a lot less when you're talking all arm rests and door panels. Pretty cool though!
Sponsored