Leather Honda Insight Armrest pieces fit Civic?

OP
OP

Bru87tr

I am so glad I added the pleather pieces. Absolutely no wear at all to them since installed. Got lots of compliments and people are blown away when I told them what it had and did it myself.

Pineapple

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hatch LX (FK7) 2012 Civic LX
Country flag
Just a FYI, I bought the Insight center console pieces and front arm rests for my 2020 civic hatch LX. The center console pieces fit and matched the black interior perfectly, but the arm rests were different. The pieces almost looked identical, but the insight arm rest pieces have different mounting points. I ended up ripping off the old LX black sandpaper fabric, and using spray adhesive with the insight leather. Actually turned out really clean and I'm really happy with the results. Will post pics later.

biosses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Just a FYI, I bought the Insight center console pieces and front arm rests for my 2020 civic hatch LX. The center console pieces fit and matched the black interior perfectly, but the arm rests were different. The pieces almost looked identical, but the insight arm rest pieces have different mounting points. I ended up ripping off the old LX black sandpaper fabric, and using spray adhesive with the insight leather. Actually turned out really clean and I'm really happy with the results. Will post pics later.

thanks for the info, pics be good. You used the part #s listed in this thread? I haven't done the left and right armrests yet.

Pineapple

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
thanks for the info, pics be good. You used the part #s listed in this thread? I haven't done the left and right armrests yet.
Yeah, I used the part numbers in this thread. They were for the 2019 Insight Touring (black leather). I think the door panels are slightly different for 2020 because mine have stock sound deadening behind the panels, not 100% sure if they updated them.

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah, I used the part numbers in this thread. They were for the 2019 Insight Touring (black leather). I think the door panels are slightly different for 2020 because mine have stock sound deadening behind the panels, not 100% sure if they updated them.
i also ran into the same problem, i bought the leather pieces that are on the hatchback cause it was like 20 bucks, but unfortunalty they do have different mounting points if you were to install it into the sedan. but parts look completely identical. so lesson learned, hatchback armrest are not compatable to sedan armrests, lol

Pineapple

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Couple of pics of the fabric removal and new leather wrap with spray adhesive. Some creases in the passenger side, but overall they came out pretty nice. They look factory.

Honda Civic 10th gen Leather Honda Insight Armrest pieces fit Civic? 12886C0C-8429-4FBC-9CD6-7154D2C0D45A

Honda Civic 10th gen Leather Honda Insight Armrest pieces fit Civic? 1FEC4D81-DEE2-41E5-A4CD-56BFB37C6A95

McDavid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX
Country flag
Looks like some of the Insight pieces have been discontinued

DOZOIR

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Coupe (lunar silver)
Country flag
Would someone confirm that the Insight console pieces fit across all civics (coupe, hatchback, and sedan)? I am picking up a 2020 Si Coupe this weekend. The GM of the "stealership" agreed to sell me the leather console pieces from the Coupe Sport at his cost. If the Insight's pieces are the same, I could eventually save even more. Thanks!

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Would someone confirm that the Insight console pieces fit across all civics (coupe, hatchback, and sedan)? I am picking up a 2020 Si Coupe this weekend. The GM of the "stealership" agreed to sell me the leather console pieces from the Coupe Sport at his cost. If the Insight's pieces are the same, I could eventually save even more. Thanks!
I didn't know the coupe sport comes with leather console pieces...

S60doc

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic HB Sport
Country flag
Hi guys can anyone share updated leather arm rest links for hatchback? When I click old links all says discontinued.
thanks!

biosses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Hi guys can anyone share updated leather arm rest links for hatchback? When I click old links all says discontinued.
thanks!

which one, the center armrest? or the armrest on the doors?

biosses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Couple of pics of the fabric removal and new leather wrap with spray adhesive. Some creases in the passenger side, but overall they came out pretty nice. They look factory.

12886C0C-8429-4FBC-9CD6-7154D2C0D45A.jpeg

1FEC4D81-DEE2-41E5-A4CD-56BFB37C6A95.jpeg

Did you have to dissemble the door card to remove the arm rest?

Pineapple

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Did you have to dissemble the door card to remove the arm rest?
Yes, it's REALLY easy to do. Just pop the window switch controls up, disconnect, take the one Phillips screw out, and the rest of the door just pulls away from the door with plastic clips. You can search YouTube for a video example. Then there's a screw or two that holds in the arm rest portion on the backside of the panel.

kimtyson

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Blue Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes, it's REALLY easy to do. Just pop the window switch controls up, disconnect, take the one Phillips screw out, and the rest of the door just pulls away from the door with plastic clips. You can search YouTube for a video example. Then there's a screw or two that holds in the arm rest portion on the backside of the panel.
The coupe disassembly is slightly different so find a YouTube vid specific to your model.
Sponsored