Leather Honda Insight Armrest pieces fit Civic?

Deleted member 28465

Hello! I have recently decided to start switching all the black fabric material in my Civic to the OEM leather pieces. While looking at the Honda Insight, I noticed that the center console is the exact same as the Civic, and most likely have the same mounts due to the upgraded armrest accessory that fits both models. By looking at the diagram for the Insight door linings, they appear to have identical mounts as well. The civic leather pieces are hundreds of dollars, while the insight leather pieces are about 20$ each. I will probably be going for the whole 5 pieces (two front door armrests, and three piece center console). If anyone knows for sure if these will fit, let me know! Thanks!

Leather Insight Armrest:
83503-TXM-A51ZA
83553-TXM-A51ZA
Leather Insight Console:
83416-TXM-A11ZA
83441-TXM-A01ZA
83411-TXM-A11ZA

By these parts fitting I could get the same leather parts as the Civic by saving hundreds of dollars!
Sponsored

OP
OP

Bru87tr

Never heard of a honda insight.

Are these just the leather covers or the whole armrest mold as well with leather ?

These armrests your saying will bolt right on to say a 2017 LX ?

OP
OP

Deleted member 28465

Never heard of a honda insight.

Are these just the leather covers or the whole armrest mold as well with leather ?

These armrests your saying will bolt right on to say a 2017 LX ?
Yes, all of these pieces are a direct replacement for the piece you want to replace. On our Civics, just by tugging upwards on the outer center council pieces they will come right out. For the door armrest pieces, you take the door lining off and unscrew a few screws, then it comes off in one piece. The pieces I am most concerned about fitting would be the door armrests because they may possibly mount differently, just like the civic hatchback vs sedan. If any constellation, if the armrest pieces do not fit properly, at least we could take the leather off of them and put it on our current piece :p

OP
OP

Bru87tr

Yup, read a lot about this all this week and finally purchased the center console pieces yesterday.

Wish this was posted yesterday, always a day late and a dollar short. :(

OP
OP

Deleted member 28465

Yup, read a lot about this all this week and finally purchased the center console pieces yesterday.

Wish this was posted yesterday, always a day late and a dollar short. :(
Aww man! Which version of the pieces did you end up buying?

OP
OP

Bru87tr

Hopefully the armrests fit and mount perfect, at least if those do I can buy those.

I thought of buying the hatchback ones and taking off the leather and putting on mine, but didnt feel like the hassle.

OP
OP

Deleted member 28465

Hopefully the armrests fit and mount perfect, at least if those do I can buy those.

I thought of buying the hatchback ones and taking off the leather and putting on mine, but didnt feel like the hassle.
Ah, got it. Well if you just got pieces from a high trim sedan civic (or coupe depending on which you have) then they will definitely fit. I know for sure that the hatch door armrests do not mount correctly, but I believe the center console pieces are universal across all civics (including type r, and apparently the insight).

OP
OP

Bru87tr

Right.

I am looking at the pictures of the insight console, the back of it is a little different. But the rest looks exact. Could have saved myself a lot of money, but mine is already processed and on order.

The armrests do look like they will fit though.

OP
OP

Deleted member 28465

Right.

I am looking at the pictures of the insight console, the back of it is a little different. But the rest looks exact. Could have saved myself a lot of money, but mine is already processed and on order.

The armrests do look like they will fit though.
I'm not sure where you bought the parts from, but if returning when they show up them is an option then maybe that'd be something you could do if you wanted

OP
OP

Deleted member 28465

The console pieces are the exact part# for civic cept for the TXM.
Yeah, a lot of times I've noticed that even if its the same exact part Honda changes the number and says it will not fit other cars if it belongs on a different car. An example of this would be that I changed the silver trim on the steering wheel to the Dark Steel from the Si, and the dark steel door handles even though they said it wouldn't fit, but it did.

OP
OP

Bru87tr

ya, kinda pissed as I spent about $100 more than I needed to. but it is what it is and just gonna accept this is what happens to me every time. :)

If I can get the right armrests though, that will be cool cause there was no cheap option for the civic but removing the hatch leathers and attach to civic.

Same price, but more hassle.

OP
OP

Deleted member 28465

ya, kinda pissed as I spent about $100 more than I needed to. but it is what it is and just gonna accept this is what happens to me every time. :)

If I can get the right armrests though, that will be cool cause there was no cheap option for the civic but removing the hatch leathers and attach to civic.

Same price, but more hassle.
Save this thread because I'll probably be ordering the insight door armrests and putting them on mine and I'll post on here to say if they fit or not! :)
Sponsored