Lease end coming up on my 17 EX-T coupe. Buyout is $13,600.

BoxsterSteve

still plays with cars...
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Porsche Boxster S, 2018 Civic Touring sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You might get to drive a nicer car for the same or less money per month, but you perpetually have a car payment.
Just a for instance...
My son now drives my old ‘07 Subaru.
That car was bought new and paid off in 2012 and we haven’t had a car payment in over 8 years.
No lessee can claim that.
If I can get numerous years payment free, that’s what makes the most sense to me.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Hollywoo0220

Customer Service oriented (most of the time) :-)
First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dihatsu Charade, BMW, Various Hondas, Focus ST, and VW GTI
Country flag
Seeking advice from others. My lease is up in November. I want to keep my Si since I thoroughly enjoy the car and it is still under 20k miles out of the 36k allotted. The car looks 100% stock from the outside, but it does have some suspension mods, stage 1 intake, shifter parts and a tune. I really don't want to take everything off only to put it back on. Does this matter on a leased car that I plan on buying back? Getting mixed opinions from friends.
Nope.. no problem modifying for any type of loan.

Donkeyhotay123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch
Country flag
You might get to drive a nicer car for the same or less money per month, but you perpetually have a car payment.
Just a for instance...
My son now drives my old ‘07 Subaru.
That car was bought new and paid off in 2012 and we haven’t had a car payment in over 8 years.
No lessee can claim that.
If I can get numerous years payment free, that’s what makes the most sense to me.
True, but that only happens after a few years of making payments. That is unless you pay the car off outright. Then you have to pay the major maintenance on the vehicle.

Either way there would have to be payments to be made.

It makes sense if you have the finances to always chase after new cars and have the driving habits to support it. This works especially for certain luxury vehicle brands where latter life maintenance costs are stupid expensive. Even if you can do the maintenance.

Makes no sense for the rest of us. The few years of freedom after paying it off are liberating. Also maintenance costs for a civic are not monstrous. Especially if you can do the maintenance yourself.

Lease is not at a loss if you can afford the vanity.
Sponsored