Leaf Blower for ya CTR $30 (thru 12/14), lol

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Worx WG520 Leaf Blower for $30 thru 12/14 (after 25% off at checkout). Regular price on Amazon was $46. Works quite well if your car is waxed or ceramic coated.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/391318300916
Sponsored

Patriots1959

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag

Dipz

First Name
Dipz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Type R
Country flag
Might need to invest in this :O
Thanks!

SlasherX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R, 11 Honda Civic Si *Mugen*
Country flag
How good is this? Any more details?

Patriots1959

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
How good is this? Any more details?
The Worx leaf blower good for getting the bulk of the water off. Not so good if you want to quickly and completely dry the car before soap stains form. I use it in the summer then quickly apply spray wax.

If you want something powerful enough to quickly and completely dry the car may want something designed for auto drying such as the expensive master blaster: https://www.amazon.com/Metro-MB-3CD-Master-Blaster-Motorcycle/dp/B0002SPCGC

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
Leaf blowers are typically not recommended for drying vehicles as they don’t have a filtration system. The contaminants in the air are now being shot into your fresh paint. This can cause marring which will reduce the performance and looks of your clear coat.

I recommend looking at air dryers specifically designed for cars that produce warm filtered air.

https://www.esotericcarcare.com/bigboi-blowr-buddi-car-dryer/

R MODE

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R Championship White
Country flag
Leaf blowers are typically not recommended for drying vehicles as they don’t have a filtration system. The contaminants in the air are now being shot into your fresh paint. This can cause marring which will reduce the performance and looks of your clear coat.

I recommend looking at air dryers specifically designed for cars that produce warm filtered air.

Whaaaaaat? It's only going to blow stuff it sucks in first, so don't suck in a bunch of stuff while you're using it. Surely the normal air it's pushing is no worse than the normal air we are driving through, sometimes at a higher speed than that blower blows. Technically, sure you are correct but still.................much ado about nothing.

:drive:

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
Whaaaaaat? It's only going to blow stuff it sucks in first, so don't suck in a bunch of stuff while you're using it. Surely the normal air it's pushing is no worse than the normal air we are driving through, sometimes at a higher speed than that blower blows. Technically, sure you are correct but still.................much ado about nothing.

:drive:
I mean it’s your car do what you want. That blower moves air at a maximum of 110 MPH. Now imagine if somehow a small pebble got launched at your paint at that speed. TTFWIW

Patriots1959

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag

This is a very good dryer. Similar to the Shelandy dryer I suggested. The problem with both? They simply do not dry the car fast enough (esp in the summer months). Inevitably soap stains will form. I still use my small dryer for tight spots such as in-between the doors and around the wing.

To avoid soap stains - a high powered corded leaf blower will quickly blow off the bulk of the water leaving about 10-15%. If you then quickly wipe dry with a microfiber cloth and/or apply spray wax you will then dry off the remaining water.

Or you could go hardcore and double wash and dry like the pros:

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
This is a very good dryer. Similar to the Shelandy dryer I suggested. The problem with both? They simply do not dry the car fast enough (esp in the summer months). Inevitably soap stains will form. I still use my small dryer for tight spots such as in-between the doors and around the wing.

To avoid soap stains - a high powered corded leaf blower will quickly blow off the bulk of the water leaving about 10-15%. If you then quickly wipe dry with a microfiber cloth and/or apply spray wax you will then dry off the remaining water.

Or you could go hardcore and double wash and dry like the pros:
BigBoi makes other more powerful dryers to do an entire vehicle. There are definitely many methods to drying a vehicle.

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
Worx WG520 Leaf Blower for $30 thru 12/14 (after 25% off at checkout). Regular price on Amazon was $46. Works quite well if your car is waxed or ceramic coated.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/391318300916
Is there a promo code to get it for the $30 price ? I’m seeing it for $40 and I’m in the check out section

SpringRubber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatch Sport, CVT, White
Country flag
Didn't expect to be commenting on Worx in civicx -- but I have their 2-wheeled barrow, narrow style. Attachments were all junk - snowplow attachment was riveted and popped apart. Barrow itself is ok. Good luck with their blower.
Sponsored