jspencer89

First Name
Jiles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Touring Hatchback
Country flag
Took audio signals for lc2i from the passenger side amp in sport touring hatchback but for some reason the front speakers cut out when the volume is to high even though the lc2i is receiving the single and send ding it to my 5 channel amp then back to the connectors at the amp.

Any info would help I think the lc2i is maybe set to high but I have followed the instructions to adjust or is the level at the OEM amp.

Honda Civic 10th gen LC2i  install with amp front door speakers cut off. Any help would be great IMG_20190705_161509
Sponsored

rplush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
Country flag
The head unit clips very early to compensate for the sub-par speakers that honda puts in the civics. Have you played around with your accubass knob to raise that clipping level of the factory unit?

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
If there is an impedance mismatch; sometimes the amp will shut itself down to avoid damage to itself. Sometimes there's a thermal cut-off as well.

If you want to post all the things and a diagram of how you've wired it; we may be able to spot the issue.

OP
OP

jspencer89

First Name
Jiles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Touring Hatchback
Country flag
If there is an impedance mismatch; sometimes the amp will shut itself down to avoid damage to itself. Sometimes there's a thermal cut-off as well.

If you want to post all the things and a diagram of how you've wired it; we may be able to spot the issue.[/Q

If you want to post all the things and a diagram of how you've wired it; we may be able to spot the issue.
I'll draw it up for you but I'm going to investigate it first.

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
It sounds like your 5 channel amp is cutting out when the levels get too high. It may be a protection feature.

You may need to set the gain staging a little more conservatively. The factory HU has an threshold between full usable gain and where things just start getting noisy. The LC2i is doing some voodoo taking that amped signal and banging it back down to line level. Then the amp takes it back to speaker level. There's a lot of places where something can be too hot. Just off the top of my head... figure out what volume setting on the HU equals about 30% total gain. If the volume setting goes from 0 to 100; then that would be 30, etc. Then set the HU's volume to about half of that number. Calibrate the LC2i according to the instructions. And then let the 5 channel amp do the heavy lifting. Set that amp to the highest level that you'll ever need. And just use the HU's volume control for overall level changes; since it's essentially just providing line level anyway. Adjust as needed. Hope that helps a little.
Sponsored

Last edited: