stokenaked

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback LX Manual
Country flag
Hello all, first post! Im not very good with this style of communication so bare with me haha. Had my ride now for almost 6 months and overall i am pleased. I came from a Ram 1500 so its quite a change and i save quite a bit of money. I have a few opinions/questions on some things and wasnt quite sure where to post.

The audio system all around to me is just terrible, these auto manufacturers slapping tablets in their vehicles is just obnoxious to me. The only touchscreen platform I've used that i didn't mind too much was the chevy units. In my civic, there just seem to be a ton of different menus and options, which all do the same thing. it seems like they could have programmed it with about half of whats there. example; when changing the audio it takes me through like 3 menus, with a couple being identical. before its actually on the one i want. I would like to be able to press my input choice-go to said input display-enjoy. but it opens up the selection menu as if its making sure i wanted that selection. I also despise the way they make you control volume. that touchscreen volume control had to be the goofiest idea for a solution. thankfully theres steering wheel control, but neither of those is a viable solution for getting the music turned down ASAP.

Its also very strange to me that there are many empty pages for what looks like places for other apps? its very confusing to me and drives my OCD crazy. and from looking through this forum site, it seems like its exactly what i thought, nothing and nothing to do about it.

With all the technology involved with most vehicles today-I also can't figure out why the screen behind the steering wheel seems SO capable of SO MUCH MORE, maybe not, but my 2009 Pilot did almost as much. Is there anyway when the tire pressure light turns on, to see which individual tire is low?

the center console is very odd to me. so you have this pocket with a USB(for carplay) and one other plug. this box for the most part keeps items slightly hidden from driver. then you have this small opening under the head unit and in front of the gear shifter. now this storage area has a hole to bottom section that is made to hold cords. this is just pointless space to me, the both of them. the wires are there so i try and keep my phone tucked in there but its not large enough for my XR plugged up. it also is angled so things slide out easily. and again with being too small, the things in that pocket are only comfortably accessed while in gear. in park it makes that pocket hard to access. I have found an item on eBay that turns that small top area into an organized shelf type, but again, i feel like things would fly out of them.

My apologies and enough of my rambling. I really do like this car, they look sporty but its not over the top. and the hatchback gives me just enough room to be functional outside of just being a passenger car. Looking to upgrade some things here making it even more functional.

TL;DR- Radio is very cumbersome, console storage solutions are ehhh, awesome car just needs a few slight tweaks. Anyone out there found some ways around some of these things? Also where do I need to look for selling/trading/buying things within the forums? Is there a forum for updating your cars, as in the journey from stock through all the mods?
Sponsored

xcivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI coupe in black
Country flag
you are correct on all counts. audio programed by someone who is tone deff. interior designed by someone who will never drive this car.
this honda hack for our head units need to hack into the dsp settings too. about the only thing good about the center console is you can rest your arm on it, but only room for one arm, cup holders there are useless for anyone but the driver while alone. on long trips or even short ones i seem to almost fight for the center arm rest.
seems to be a sign of the times that things that will just do, are good enough.
i would think there is a ton of money to be made just on a total hack for the head unit, and a aftermarket console if properly done.

OP
OP
stokenaked

stokenaked

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback LX Manual
Country flag
you are correct on all counts. audio programed by someone who is tone deff. interior designed by someone who will never drive this car.
this honda hack for our head units need to hack into the dsp settings too. about the only thing good about the center console is you can rest your arm on it, but only room for one arm, cup holders there are useless for anyone but the driver while alone. on long trips or even short ones i seem to almost fight for the center arm rest.
seems to be a sign of the times that things that will just do, are good enough.
i would think there is a ton of money to be made just on a total hack for the head unit, and a aftermarket console if properly done.
Right, like it really seems all the necessary things are there. But for some reason the potential is being blocked. Big opportunity missed IMO.