Israel

First Name
Israel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I wouldn't recommend these LEDs for the fogs since the scatter and intensity would be too much for oncoming coming cars. Consider a lower wattage and probably a yellow bulb for more practical reasons. And, no, you can't control the output, as far as I know.

Like I mentioned, the Katana's are rated with a higher lumen (9600 vs. 12,000) and that bumped up some better visibility down the road for me. Plus, Amazon had a flash sale on them.
Any recommendations on what light bulb i could get for the fogs? I want something clear not yellow
Sponsored

OP
OP
silverrascal

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Any recommendations on what light bulb i could get for the fogs? I want something clear not yellow
I'd just go on Amazon and do a search for h11 LED fog lamp. You'll have a ton of options.

_HatchED_

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hatchback Sport 6mt
Country flag
I purchased these and put them on the other night.

Alla Lighting H11 LED Fog Light Bulbs DRL 2800 Lumens Xtreme Super Bright 5730 33-SMD 12V H8 H16 H11 LED Bulbs Replacement for Cars, Trucks, 6000K Xenon White https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07H6X6PM2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_9PAADbG9VQXNT

They are significantly brighter than the oem bulbs. Haven't driven at night yet to see if they're overwhelming to oncoming drivers. I do have yellow film covers on my fogs, so hopefully it won't be too bright.

OP
OP
silverrascal

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I purchased these and put them on the other night.

Alla Lighting H11 LED Fog Light Bulbs DRL 2800 Lumens Xtreme Super Bright 5730 33-SMD 12V H8 H16 H11 LED Bulbs Replacement for Cars, Trucks, 6000K Xenon White https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07H6X6PM2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_9PAADbG9VQXNT

They are significantly brighter than the oem bulbs. Haven't driven at night yet to see if they're overwhelming to oncoming drivers. I do have yellow film covers on my fogs, so hopefully it won't be too bright.
These are listed at 2800 lumen output which are bright but they will be fine for fogs. I’ve put yellow Lamin-X on mine for extra visibility in wet weather. I haven’t decided about pulling the trigger on LEDs for the fogs.

_HatchED_

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hatchback Sport 6mt
Country flag
These are listed at 2800 lumen output which are bright but they will be fine for fogs. I’ve put yellow Lamin-X on mine for extra visibility in wet weather. I haven’t decided about pulling the trigger on LEDs for the fogs.
I figured I'd do these also since I just replaced my Hikari LEDs with an hid kit. Didn't want the fogs to be underwhelming.

Israel

First Name
Israel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
What you think pf this for the fog lights?

Honda Civic 10th gen Latest Hikari LEDs are very good Screenshot_20190830-180622_Amazon Shoppin

Israel

First Name
Israel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
not @nrchaytor But here's are photos of the 12000lm at work

Turns out I was a few weeks out of the return period on Amazon, Hikari's seller worked with me on the return so I can exchange the 9600lm for another pair of 12000lm. Their CS seems is very responsive so I wanted to show them this thread.

The 9600lms are bluer and have more hotspots while the 12000lm seem to cover more. I'm quite happy with these lights.

20190718_204537.jpg

20190718_204547.jpg

20190718_204620.jpg
Are thoae the 12,000 Alumins?

dannyboone

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Like I mentioned, the Katana's are rated with a higher lumen (9600 vs. 12,000) and that bumped up some better visibility down the road for me. Plus, Amazon had a flash sale on them.
Did you have any trouble fitting the Katanas in your car?

OP
OP
silverrascal

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did you have any trouble fitting the Katanas in your car?
Nope, not at all, really. I was challenged a little with figuring out where to position the drivers so they don't don't wires and such but the actual installation of the bulb in the housing was easy.

dannyboone

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Nope, not at all, really. I was challenged a little with figuring out where to position the drivers so they don't don't wires and such but the actual installation of the bulb in the housing was easy.
Cool. I’m gonna try these out and let you guys know how it goes.

Donkeyhotay123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch
Country flag
Nothing a zip tie or a little bit of 3M can't fix. Thats what i did for the Hikari 12000lms

OP
OP
silverrascal

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Israel

First Name
Israel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I love them. I have the more expensive hikari's in my low beams and the one's mentioned in the original post of this thread in my high beams and fog lights.

My wife has an '18 EX hatchback with the OEM halogens in them. We have been trying to drive her car more if we go out for dinner or whatever (keep miles off mine, I put premium gas in mine since ktuner, help with oil dilution since most of her trips are short) and it's really such a difference between my LED's. You won't regret it.

I also swapped out my interior bulbs and reverse lights with Auxito LED's which are very nice
So hikari 12,000 lms on low beam
9,600 lms for high beams and fogs
Can you post a pic?
Sponsored