First Name
Turbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sti, 2019 Si, Fr-S, 350z, Evo X
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Since I started this thread, I'll say this. They are not total crap. But as I have stated before, if you want the best amount of light HIDs are the way to go. But at the price point at which I bought the Hikari 9600 lumen LED bulbs, which was less than $50, they are very good. Way better than the stock halogen bulbs. The Hikari 12000 lumen LEDs are supposed even better but cost a little more. I didn't get the 12000 lm versions because I found the 9600 lm versions to be just fine. But, yeah, if you want the best output from the stock projectors, the HIDs kits are the way to go.
ok, ill go LED as long as its not like, flickering and super dim- ty for the advice!
Sponsored

10thDave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Nothing wrong with going with HIDs.
Know of any places with reasonable prices? I've gone with XenonDepot before but they're a bit expensive, unless the price of them actually is reasonable compared to cheaper kits then I'll consider those...

OP
OP
silverrascal

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Know of any places with reasonable prices? I've gone with XenonDepot before but they're a bit expensive, unless the price of them actually is reasonable compared to cheaper kits then I'll consider those...
XD makes a good kit, so does The Retrofit Source. I tend to think that with HIDs, you get what you pay for. I wouldn't skimp on them, imho.

I'm sure others will weigh in with recommendations, too.

pdrumns

First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI Coupe and 2019 Nissan Kicks
Country flag
Thank you all for this thread. I decided to go with the 9600 lm as I live in an area with good lighting and even in the rain I was okay with the stock HLs. I think they will be fine for me.

Update-Ordered them today from amazon and they came this afternoon and I put them in. Just tested how they look at evening/night and they are plenty bright for me. Now I may have to do the fog lights too. :)

Last edited:

10thDave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thank you all for this thread. I decided to go with the 9600 lm as I live in an area with good lighting and even in the rain I was okay with the stock HLs. I think they will be fine for me.

Update-Ordered them today from amazon and they came this afternoon and I put them in. Just tested how they look at evening/night and they are plenty bright for me. Now I may have to do the fog lights too. :)
For me I found them to be not so great at all, just sent mine back to Amazon today and will soon do a xenondepot or morimoto hid kit

pdrumns

First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
For me I found them to be not so great at all, just sent mine back to Amazon today and will soon do a xenondepot or morimoto hid kit
I actually pulled them out today and returned mine as well. The cutoff was just too much. The white light was nice, but the main effect cut off too soon. So even though the halogens do not illuminate like the LEDs, Im, going back to the halogens for their distance.

Last edited:
OP
OP
silverrascal

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I actually pulled them out today and returned mine as well. The cutoff was just too much. The white light was nice, but the main effect cut off too soon. So even though the halogens do not illuminate like the LEDs, I, going back to the halogens for their distance.
That's the good thing about Amazon and their returns policy. Sorry it didn't work out for you. LEDs are really affordable, you can always try another set of different brands like Katana - I've read good things about them, too. Or like 10thdave you can go with HIDs. I know from experience that the HIDs have the best throw and light output but they generally do cost a bit more.

Kels70

First Name
Kelsey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I went with morimoto HIDs for the low beam since we have projectors, but I just put Hikari 6000k LEDs in the fogs! Perfect color match with the DRLs

20190713_210540.jpg
Wondering if you have the link to the low beam HID's. They look really bright...

10thDave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I actually pulled them out today and returned mine as well. The cutoff was just too much. The white light was nice, but the main effect cut off too soon. So even though the halogens do not illuminate like the LEDs, I, going back to the halogens for their distance.
This was really more of the issue for me (the cut off) which is really what made me return them. Guess I wasn't finding the right words at the time.

pdrumns

First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
This was really more of the issue for me (the cut off) which is really what made me return them. Guess I wasn't finding the right words at the time.
lol, I dont know if that is the official term. I think I heard someone else say that. Guess its as good as any description of what happens. :)

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Wondering if you have the link to the low beam HID's. They look really bright...
The LED fogs are honestly TOO bright. I know I'm blinding people at night/early morning, so I barely get to use them...

They are Hikari H11 LEDs and currently $37 on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07GKPR452?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

As for the headlights, I actually swapped out the Morimoto HIDs and got the Hikari Eye of Megatron LEDs. Super happy with them!

Here is a pic with the same fogs, but with LED headlight bulbs:

Honda Civic 10th gen Latest Hikari LEDs are very good 20190719_224542

JCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
I like these LEDs but it's a bit disconcerting that the "adjustable ring" lets the LED unit to just slip out. I'm just worried that it'll eventually come out after a period of bumps & vibrations from the road. And I really don't wanna put tape all over it to secure it in place ):

OP
OP
silverrascal

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I like these LEDs but it's a bit disconcerting that the "adjustable ring" lets the LED unit to just slip out. I'm just worried that it'll eventually come out after a period of bumps & vibrations from the road. And I really don't wanna put tape all over it to secure it in place ):

May want to write Hikari and let them know it's loose. Mine were tight and had no play at all.

Reactions: JCH
OP
OP
silverrascal

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The LED fogs are honestly TOO bright. I know I'm blinding people at night/early morning, so I barely get to use them...

They are Hikari H11 LEDs and currently $37 on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07GKPR452?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

As for the headlights, I actually swapped out the Morimoto HIDs and got the Hikari Eye of Megatron LEDs. Super happy with them!

Here is a pic with the same fogs, but with LED headlight bulbs:

20190719_224542.jpg
Just curious but what made you swap out the HIDs?

I gotta think the Hikari H11 LEDs in your fogs are probably way too bright. You could cut down on the light output by putting on a smoked Lamin-X film or the yellow Lamin-X, imho.
Sponsored