Lacking lumbar support

nxt3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Anyone else have a problem with your lower back after sitting in the Type R after 10min or so? I feel like an old man my back hurts so bad. It's definitely because there is little to no lumbar support. Anyone have any tips? I don't want to put a pillow there or something because of how tacky going to look.
Sponsored

SpooRk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 CTR LE
Country flag
Anyone have any tips? I don't want to put a pillow there or something because of how tacky going to look.
I hear the EX seats have great lumbar support... :D:p

muskwave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you're driving with your seat tilted way back try angling your seat a notch or two forward and maybe raising the seat up a bit with the side lever if you've set it really low. This is what I do for road trips or spirited drives. It really helps with both back support and clutch control. Yes, it makes it a bit more difficult to get in and out of the car, though.

OP
OP
nxt3

nxt3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
If you're driving with your seat tilted way back try angling your seat a notch or two forward and maybe raising the seat up a bit with the side lever if you've set it really low. This is what I do for road trips or spirited drives. It really helps with both back support and clutch control. Yes, it makes it a bit more difficult to get in and out of the car, though.
After spending more time in the car, I think the issue for me is that there is too much lumbar support. I have to sit straight up and properly for it to be comfortable. I'm still playing with the position of the wheel to ease my shoulders/upper-back.

Type-JZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Lexus GS350, B13 Sentra SE-R, '93 Camry, '07 TSX, '13 Odyssey
Country flag
I have lower back disc issues and I actually find the seat to be very comfortable. I think sitting in anything over prolong periods of time will be painful depending on your age. Your health and your body is more important than what us random people will say, so who cares what anyone says if you do put a pillow or a lumbar support cushion in your seat. If you really do care, just make it look nice. Wrap it w/ Katzkin or something..lol

OP
OP
nxt3

nxt3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I have lower back disc issues and I actually find the seat to be very comfortable. I think sitting in anything over prolong periods of time will be painful depending on your age. Your health and your body is more important than what us random people will say, so who cares what anyone says if you do put a pillow or a lumbar support cushion in your seat. If you really do care, just make it look nice. Wrap it w/ Katzkin or something..lol
I actually played with it some more and found a comfortable setup. I was slouching too much and had my seat just a tad too far back. It's all good now

GalcticM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Honda Accord, 2012 Honda CR-V, 2020 CTR CW
Country flag
I drove 5 hours back home when I picked up mine and was comfortable the whole way home. Im 5'7 so I don't know if that is factor in lower back driving comfort.

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Driving over 2 hours without any breaks will give me lower back pain no matter what I do, because I just have a genetically bad back. Some people have issues with it like me, others do not.
Sponsored