Country flag
Last edited:

exyia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SportTouring Hatch, 2010 EvoX SE
Country flag
disappointed Koni isn't working on anything yet, guess I'll keep waiting on KW (but their dev process is way longer with how strict german auto laws are)

Never been a fan of JDM suspension, but the wait is killing me - and it has to at least be better than the cheap taiwanese coilovers

ronmcdon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FiestaST, 19 Si, Camaro Z1LE, EvoX, 98 240sx
Country flag
Im with you on that. Japanese suspensions tend to be way too stiff in general. KW coil-over spring rates are much more reasonable for every day driving and (as far as I can tell) non-competitive track use.

OP
OP
Boosted_01_R

Boosted_01_R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC3
Country flag
Pretty much given up on KW or Koni. HKS look decent, but for the money I rather KW or Koni. I think down the road I'll upgrade to koni yellows when they are released, maybe 2025 at this point lol

For a beater this should be decent, was $700CAD from Teknotik.

Honda Civic 10th gen KW Suspension IMG_20180623_194335

ikbenben

Belgium spec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic 1.5T Sport Plus HB
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You guys are lucky with all the options you get in the US. The only possibility to lower the Civic in my county are H&R springs for now, not even Eibach has something on the market right now.
I'm waiting for a KW coilover set (probably V1 or V2) but the earliest they come on the market is october/november :(

e85sbm

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Pretty much given up on KW or Koni. HKS look decent, but for the money I rather KW or Koni. I think down the road I'll upgrade to koni yellows when they are released, maybe 2025 at this point lol

For a beater this should be decent, was $700CAD from Teknotik.

IMG_20180623_194335.jpg
Looks good, care to share some more details. What springs are those? Any update on Koni releasing struts?

OP
OP
Boosted_01_R

Boosted_01_R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC3
Country flag
Looks good, care to share some more details. What springs are those? Any update on Koni releasing struts?
Eibach Pro kit (1.5T Sedan)..... Koni is probably a couple years away from releasing. No response from Koni USA, but Koni Thailand did mention testing.

Perfect Height, didn't put the camber kit on. Ride is pretty much like stock.

Honda absolutely buried the inner camber arm bolt in the rear sub frame. If I knew this, I wouldn't have bought it. Eventually I'll put on the camber kit, but for now it fine... I will say rear camber isn't that noticeable, and in no rush to put the camber kit on.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Boosted_01_R

Boosted_01_R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC3
Country flag
They were supposed to be released end of last year... I see Greddy Coupe has KW sponsorship on it (may or may not actually have KW suspension). That was end of last year as well. Didn't want to go springs, but it was worth it. Ride is really good. Better pic, below

View attachment 107984

Honda Civic 10th gen KW Suspension IMG_20180705_143653

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

ikbenben

Belgium spec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wonder how close they are to release.
KW is already selling a ST Suspension coilover kit. No KW sets yet, probably available around oktober/november.

OP
OP
Boosted_01_R

Boosted_01_R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC3
Country flag
KW is already selling a ST Suspension coilover kit. No KW sets yet, probably available around oktober/november.
It seems a lot of manufactures are waiting for market saturation of used 10th gens, that will be more likely get modified. ST only uses KW tech from what I know... Don't believe anything can be assumed from that. Would have also expected full coilovers from Koni by now....

ikbenben

Belgium spec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It seems a lot of manufactures are waiting for market saturation of used 10th gens, that will be more likely get modified. ST only uses KW tech from what I know... Don't believe anything can be assumed from that.
I don't assume, I asked one of the largest seller of KW in my country who have a good connection with KW itself.
The ST suspension kit internals are the same as a KW Var 1 but the body is from galvanised steel instead of rvs.

e85sbm

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic EX-T
Country flag
When I go to the Koni or ST websites, I do not see anything available for the 10th gen civic. There are some site (ebay) advertising a 2017 Civic as a 9th gen

e85sbm

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic EX-T
Country flag
OK, I was looking for the wrong kind of vehicle. I was looking at a Coupe and not the hatchback
Sponsored