Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
@KTuner
Will we be seeing any dyno or test of base 1.5t?

Would love some results and hoping your Si results correlate into the base 1.5t more or less. Definitely would want information as to required internals or not.

Also will you be able to show PSI that you’re pushing as well to get those dyno results?
Results will be posted when ready.

Since the torque curve is moved up there's not as much stress on the internals at lower RPM.

24PSI on pump. 28PSI on ethanol.
Sponsored

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
I fully understand that. My questions don't have anything to do with that I think. I am asking about before the turbos maybe kicking in. For ethanol at 2200 rpm. Notice how high the torque is then.
The loading for the dyno run would spool a stock turbo quickly, with ethanol even quicker... The W1, again, spools up much later, so it's not going to do so upon dyno loading at such a low RPM. Their may be information out there regarding setup and operation of the dynapack dyno if you want to dig deeper, but this is very off topic here.

10GenPearlSi

Old Man
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The loading for the dyno run would spool a stock turbo quickly, with ethanol even quicker... The W1, again, spools up much later, so it's not going to do so upon dyno loading at such a low RPM. Their may be information out there regarding setup and operation of the dynapack dyno if you want to dig deeper, but this is very off topic here.
Thanks. I am just trying to understand what ethanol would do to the torque and responsiveness when driving intown. I have a flex fuel kit coming in the mail today so I guess I will soon find out. With gas driving around town it is just a 1.5L if I let the revs drop. Thinking about maybe a W1 turbo upgrade next year, but am worried about the turbo lag in town. Trapped in the heart of Houston. LOL

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Thanks. I am just trying to understand what ethanol would do to the torque and responsiveness when driving intown. I have a flex fuel kit coming in the mail today so I guess I will soon find out. With gas driving around town it is just a 1.5L if I let the revs drop. Thinking about maybe a W1 turbo upgrade next year, but am worried about the turbo lag in town. Trapped in the heart of Houston. LOL
I know I have had to change my cruising RPM quite a bit to be able to get that on demand power if I need it, but it still does pretty well pre-boost. It's a snappy little engine with a proper tune on it!

LightX

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
@KTuner

Ethanol would be full blend or mixed with Pump?
From the chart that Ktuner posted, it looks like it's mixed with pump to E38.
Mix pump and ethanol. Ktuner, the tune, is tuned best results for 37%-38%. I’m running ethanol and had 80% E85 once, did a WOT and my engine pulled a PO0087 code, completely cut throttle from 5500RPM and rev no more than 2k RPM. Actually thought I blew something at that second haha but it was a code saying my fuel lines couldn’t deliver the asked Fuel. But the point is, don’t go more than 50% ethanol WITH Ktuner. Hondata is tuned for E85 but Ktuner’s tune is said to lose power with more than what you need for ethanol. You’ll need to adjust the fuel table if you want to run E85 with Ktuner.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Mix pump and ethanol. Ktuner, the tune, is tuned best results for 37%-38%. I’m running ethanol and had 80% E85 once, did a WOT and my engine pulled a PO0087 code, completely cut throttle from 5500RPM and rev no more than 2k RPM. Actually thought I blew something at that second haha but it was a code saying my fuel lines couldn’t deliver the asked Fuel. But the point is, don’t go more than 50% ethanol WITH Ktuner. Hondata is tuned for E85 but Ktuner’s tune is said to lose power with more than what you need for ethanol. You’ll need to adjust the fuel table if you want to run E85 with Ktuner.
I wouldn't run E85 regardless on these direct injection cars for now.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
unfortunately there is a group of people running around telling everyone its ok to run full e85 and that only one company can do it. Well if you really want to run full e85, go for it, but get tuned for it and be ready for your car to run like doodoo. They also say 12.9 AFR on e85 is safe....

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
If you tune properly for E80 or E85 and stay within the limits of the fuel system then you're fine to use KTuner to do so.

LightX

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
If you tune properly for E80 or E85 and stay within the limits of the fuel system then you're fine to use KTuner to do so.
I’m very new to modifying cars. Did a bit of research and couldn’t find any started guide nor in-dept reviews for the CivicX beside finding product and reading it’s capable of this and that. I first installed flex fuel thinking I can run straight E85 and using Ktuner, until I did a bit more research to found out information about the tune and stuff.

@KTuner Do you by chance know the fuel limit? Hoping the stock fuel system is capable of supporting the W1 up to 350HP if stock internals can make it that high if not more.

In-dept review/tests of few of these limitation information would be nice as there aren’t any alternative/aftermarket.

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
I’m very new to modifying cars. Did a bit of research and couldn’t find any started guide nor in-dept reviews for the CivicX beside finding product and reading it’s capable of this and that. I first installed flex fuel thinking I can run straight E85 and using Ktuner, until I did a bit more research to found out information about the tune and stuff.

@KTuner Do you by chance know the fuel limit? Hoping the stock fuel system is capable of supporting the W1 up to 350HP if stock internals can make it that high if not more.

In-dept review/tests of few of these limitation information would be nice as there aren’t any alternative/aftermarket.
The dyno sheet on the previous page shows 340whp on an E38 blend.

10GenPearlSi

Old Man
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That 340 whp is from a dyno that is known to be honest. Since it is at the wheel, the hp at the crank is probably well over 360+ hp.

Last edited: