Ktuner W1 basemaps?

ravenwing1234

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Saw an update from 27Won that mentioned ktuner will have basemaps for their W1 turbo. How are those looking? Any eta and will there be maps for the non-SIs?
Sponsored

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Testing is going well so far. We'll release once satisfied.

That's the plan.
Expecting big gains from it right? lol

LightX

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
@KTuner How is the results going with the W1 and Ktuner basemaps. I have a civic sport and of course stock internals, so hopefully the basemaps are conservative, not overpowering fuel lines capacity(pump or ethanol) or MAF sensor or especially internals, just as the boost goes with the stock turbos on these 1.5l.

Aces and 8s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EXT Coupe 6 Speed
Posting for reference later. Waiting for W1 basemaps for Ktuner. Won't consider purchasing until available. W1 is right up my alley. Looking for a drop in kit that won't break the bank and can provide modest power gains. Not looking to break any records and want to maintain daily drive-ability. A modest goal of 280whp with a drop in and supporting mods will make me more than happy.

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Going great so far. The Si results were published publicly a few weeks back and that will make it into a basemap here shortly. We've been stress testing!

Also we did test the basemaps with the turbo and everything was smooth. Gains are seen vs the stock turbo, of course.

OP
OP

ravenwing1234

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Going great so far. The Si results were published publicly a few weeks back and that will make it into a basemap here shortly. We've been stress testing!

Also we did test the basemaps with the turbo and everything was smooth. Gains are seen vs the stock turbo, of course.
Where can we read about those published results? And will there be a non-si basemap available?

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Where can we read about those published results? And will there be a non-si basemap available?
I'll post the graphs here in a bit for Si.

Yes, working on it!

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Ktuner W1 basemaps? W1CivicXSiResults

I'll be adding the other ones as he sends them to me, but this was a bolt-on vehicle with the upgrade. 293whp on pump gas and 340whp with an ethanol blend.

10GenPearlSi

Old Man
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@KTuner on your website you show a stock Si dyno chart with stock, custom 93 and E blend. At the beginning of the chart you show at 2200 rpm that the flex fuel one has much more torque than a stock or custom tune on gas. With the W1 at 2200 rpm you show that ethanol and gas produce the same torque!? Do you have any idea why that would be so? Both turbos wouldn't be helping at 2200 would they? Wouldn't it just be the 1.5L alone then? Very confused. Does ethanol help torque at low rpm?

10GenPearlSi

Old Man
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The W1 spools up later which you can clearly see in the curves on the dyno plot.
Not sure I understand. Has the stock turbo already spooled up some at 2200 rpm but only on ethanol?

LightX

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
@KTuner
Will we be seeing any dyno or test of base 1.5t?

Would love some results and hoping your Si results correlate into the base 1.5t more or less. Definitely would want information as to required internals or not.

Also will you be able to show PSI that you’re pushing as well to get those dyno results?

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not sure I understand. Has the stock turbo already spooled up some at 2200 rpm but only on ethanol?
The torque having shifted 700 rpm later is because of the larger wheels in the turbocharger. Larger and heavier wheels require more exhaust gas energy (higher RPM) to spool and this is words from 27Won. Pretty much everything is explained on the 27Won Blog Part 5 of the turbo about the torque coming on later. Also the W1 does not show the same torque between Ethanol and pump gas as seen on the chart posted. Solid Line is Ethanol and Gas is dotted.

10GenPearlSi

Old Man
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The torque having shifted 700 rpm later is because of the larger wheels in the turbocharger. Larger and heavier wheels require more exhaust gas energy (higher RPM) to spool and this is words from 27Won. Pretty much everything is explained on the 27Won Blog Part 5 of the turbo about the torque coming on later. Also the W1 does not show the same torque between Ethanol and pump gas as seen on the chart posted. Solid Line is Ethanol and Gas is dotted.
I fully understand that. My questions don't have anything to do with that I think. I am asking about before the turbos maybe kicking in. For ethanol at 2200 rpm. Notice how high the torque is then.

Honda Civic 10th gen Ktuner W1 basemaps? CivicXSi23PSIandFlex
Sponsored