lroman15

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
does anyone know if the stage 1 tune from
Vit complements downpipe and front pipes??? I’m lookig into getting the plm combo pipes with this tune.
Sponsored

Greencobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic Si 2016 Mazda CX-9
does anyone know if the stage 1 tune from
Vit complements downpipe and front pipes??? I’m lookig into getting the plm combo pipes with this tune.
If the dp is catless the stage 2 is what you're looking for.

OP
OP
lroman15

lroman15

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
If the dp is catless the stage 2 is what you're looking for.
Yeah but I don’t want to replace the stock clutch just yet. Once I’m ready I will pay the 250 for the stage 2. The reason I ask is because of this.

Honda Civic 10th gen Ktuner vitviper stage 1 tune BC238A76-CB56-4BB4-883D-F90E33B44D67

OP
OP
lroman15

lroman15

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
You can use it with those mods.
Ok thank you.

Another question, anyone here from
MA that can maybe asnwer this question..

How you go about passing emissions with a catless down pipe?

Greencobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah but I don’t want to replace the stock clutch just yet. Once I’m ready I will pay the 250 for the stage 2. The reason I ask is because of this.

BC238A76-CB56-4BB4-883D-F90E33B44D67.png
As long as you drive properly the stock clutch will hold for daily driving. If you want a mostly track or drag setup then yes. Clutch is a must. You will slip even stage 1 if you don't shift at the right times.

OP
OP
lroman15

lroman15

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
As long as you drive properly the stock clutch will hold for daily driving. If you want a mostly track or drag setup then yes. Clutch is a must. You will slip even stage 1 if you don't shift at the right times.
Ok good to know. This exactly what I needed to hear because EVERYONE I asked all said I would slip. I would ask them if that would happen even on normal day to day driving and no answer so I’m sure they are running stage 2. I’m not the one to always get on it I want to have the power for when the right time comes.. I’m not even going to track it just yet either. I never tracked my 8th gen and I had it for 6 years. Lol

Why about emissions? How can I pass emissions when I get my inspection. Here in MA they plug it into the OBD2 now I’m not sure if they check new new cars but Incase they do how can I pass if I got catless such as getting the vitviper PRL combo with the stage 2 tune?

Greencobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok good to know. This exactly what I needed to hear because EVERYONE I asked all said I would slip. I would ask them if that would happen even on normal day to day driving and no answer so I’m sure they are running stage 2. I’m not the one to always get on it I want to have the power for when the right time comes.. I’m not even going to track it just yet either. I never tracked my 8th gen and I had it for 6 years. Lol

Why about emissions? How can I pass emissions when I get my inspection. Here in MA they plug it into the OBD2 now I’m not sure if they check new new cars but Incase they do how can I pass if I got catless such as getting the vitviper PRL combo with the stage 2 tune?
I don't want to give you the wrong answer on the inspection thing. I live in Pa and we have places to go to get around being catless. You should find a tuner shop they will steer you in the right direction. That's how I got around mine. I asked at the shop that did my tints so, ask around locally. You'll find your answer.

OP
OP
lroman15

lroman15

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
I don't want to give you the wrong answer on the inspection thing. I live in Pa and we have places to go to get around being catless. You should find a tuner shop they will steer you in the right direction. That's how I got around mine. I asked at the shop that did my tints so, ask around locally. You'll find your answer.
Cools.. definitely will. Than you!

HSFBunny

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I have at good results with Vit’s Stage 1 for the Si.

At first I smelled buring clutch, but I experienced no slip. This had me confused at first.

After carreful study of my driving style, it turns out the burning smell was caused by the clutch delay value allowing slip to occur under hard shifting.

Once I slowed down the shifting, to allow the clutch lock up completely, the buring smell stopped completely.

The clutch delay values seems to really contribute to clutch buring if driven very hard. The delay values is a trade off.

Last edited:

OP
OP
lroman15

lroman15

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
I have at good results with Vit’s Stage 1 for the Si.

I first I smelled buring clutch, but I experienced no slip. This had me confused at first.

After carreful study of my driving style, it turns out the burning smell was caused by the clutch delay value allowing slip to occur under hard shifting.

Once I slowed down the shifting to all the clutch lock up completely, the buring smell stopped completely.

The clutch delay values seems to really contribute to clutch buring if driven very hard. The delay values is a trade off.

This is good to know if I drive it hard. I know I’m going to be running the PLM pipes and that should add a little more power to it. So I will be careful and let it full engage so it won’t slip. I was going t go with stage 2 but the way I drive I don’t need all the power. I’m not a crazy aggressive driver.

How much hp you think it adds to the car tho?

ChinStrap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
just waiting on my tax return for this. can't wait.

dredsen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe , 2017 CRV Ex
Country flag
Could you elucidate on "the right times" a bit. As soon as they ship out my ktuner I will be running the stage 1, only mod is mufflers deleted and resonator swapped with a flowmaster dbx.

I know about needing to downshift to prevent slip, but are there other considerations ?

Pielo I think we will get our V2 units this week!
Next at the latest.
Sponsored