First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (Black) w/ HFP package
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
An email might have saved you a few hours.

Download the current software from the website, install the drivers at the end of the install, and try again. Regardless of whether you downloaded it previously or not.

You can also have the device plugged in before you launch the software and if possible make sure it's the only USB so there's nothing else possibly interfering.
I did all of these things. I've tried numerous Compatibility modes in Windows. I completely reinstalled windows and started fresh. It still doesn't work. What I get now is the user name fills in automatically with whatever I typed in last and another window pops up saying "incorrect password" despite having typed nothing in yet. When I type my password in, The buttons are still grayed out and I can't click them.

How do I have a password? I plugged the device into my desktop and tried the software and it worked fine. I was able to register. Before you blame the USB ports on the laptop, I plugged multiple devices (hard drives, mouse, game controller) into the USB ports on the laptop and they all worked fine. So there is something else incompatible in the OS. The only version of Windows I can install is the Fall Creators Update. Is this the issue?

EDIT: email sent. But I put this here too in case anyone else has a similar issue.
Sponsored

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I did all of these things. I've tried numerous Compatibility modes in Windows. I completely reinstalled windows and started fresh. It still doesn't work. What I get now is the user name fills in automatically with whatever I typed in last and another window pops up saying "incorrect password" despite having typed nothing in yet. When I type my password in, The buttons are still grayed out and I can't click them.

How do I have a password? I plugged the device into my desktop and tried the software and it worked fine. I was able to register. Before you blame the USB ports on the laptop, I plugged multiple devices (hard drives, mouse, game controller) into the USB ports on the laptop and they all worked fine. So there is something else incompatible in the OS. The only version of Windows I can install is the Fall Creators Update. Is this the issue?

EDIT: email sent. But I put this here too in case anyone else has a similar issue.
The folks at Ktuner straightened it out for me but I had a similar issue with my password when I tried to use Ktuner for the first time last week. They had to reset my password on their end.

CynXgensi

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 honda si
I really do not know. I have never experienced clutch slippage in my Civic, or any other new manual vehicle I have driven. Perhaps they are mistaking it for something else going on. Either case, I wouldn't want to jeopardize a brand new clutch in my car (5k miles) with a KTuner tune that is boosted too high. I would want a nice balance of performance increase and ongoing reliability.
Im at 700 miles on my 2018 si. Drove it hot off the lot like I stole it. My psi show 25 psi max with the 19/23 base tune on sports mode. I have not even come close to slippage. Maybe just lucky.

CynXgensi

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 honda si
It does seem very hit-or-miss in this and other threads as to who does/doesn't experience slip and at what boost level it occurs. One of these posts has a video where you can hear it slipping under WOT. However, I am currently running Vit Stage1 Tune (dual 19/25), have seen boost as high as 24Psi and have no clutch slip as of yet. Maybe it's like the PC world...sometimes you win the 'silicon lottery' and get a good one ;) Can't say enough positive things about my KTuner though, well worth the investment and their customer service team is top notch!
I'm running the base 19/23 seeing max boost at 25 and have not experience any slippage. Drove it hot off the lot ever since. I' at 700miles

CynXgensi

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 honda si
You will have to email VIT your ECU-ID and he will mail you the tune. Then you plug your unit to your computer, upload the tune to it, then flash your car.
Is there any step by step instructions, I just got my email and have not tried it yet. Thanks.

ElementalHonda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T Coupe, 2010 Accord Crosstour, 2008 Civic LX Coupe(Totaled), 2005 Acura TL(Sold), 1996 Accord EX Coupe
Country flag
I'm running the base 19/23 seeing max boost at 25 and have not experience any slippage. Drove it hot off the lot ever since. I' at 700miles
Don't worry. It'll take a while. Mine never slipped until after 6k-7k. Then it begins. :stirthepot:

fretcrazy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ABM Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I guess it would be helpful if I updated my original post - @ElementalHonda is right ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ . I didn't have much issue on my Stage 1, but I was also pretty conservative with my right foot :drive:
I'm about 3/4 way through my Stage2 Tune w/Vit (started way back before he stopped offering the service) and the slip is surely present now, when you're giving her all she's got. I'm not upset about it, it was designed for a certain threshold and we're clearly exceeding that, which also oddly puts a smile on my face?... :) Once we drop in our new turbskis a new clutch will be inevitable anyway.

Si Joe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si 98 civic ek, 97 civic coupe
Country flag
How do y’all manage to get a vit tune these days? I messaged him about a week ago and he read the message. He’s yet to respond. I know he’s busy but what’s the average response time?

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How do y’all manage to get a vit tune these days? I messaged him about a week ago and he read the message. He’s yet to respond. I know he’s busy but what’s the average response time?
He is no longer tuning unless it's through Motec... and I'm not sure when he'll have that up and running. The Hondata/Ktuner Vittuned Civic ship has sailed, my friend.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I heard he isn't doing anymore tunes for a while. He was just finishing up everyone who ordered a tune from him before he announced his new job with Motec.

fretcrazy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ABM Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I heard he isn't doing anymore tunes for a while. He was just finishing up everyone who ordered a tune from him before he announced his new job with Motec.
What @LilToTo17 said. After taking the job he pulled all the listings off his site for eTunes, KTuner products, etc. everything except Motec. He did mention in a FB post that eventually, as time allowed, he might start doing them again but don't take that as Gospel, things could change. There's a separate post on here somewhere (I can't find it right now) where some other users throw out reputable eTuners to reach out to in lieu of Vit. Maybe @Two Step Performance ?

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Derek at Innovative Motorworks (Hondata and Ktuner)
Steve at Quantum Raceworks (Hondata and Ktuner)
Kenny at Speed Factory (Hondata and Ktuner)
John Kerr at J-K-Tuning (Hondata and Ktuner)
Matt Shue at Dyno Tuning (Hondata and Ktuner)
Steve at E-Tunez (Hondata and he does Ktuner too as he told me)

Derftuned is good as well and known on Instagram and does Etunes for hondata and ktuner
(Fred Morales- Derf.tuned- Etune and dyno tune for Ktuner and Hondata
no website
Email: [email protected]
Instagram: derf.tuned)

SI-Raw

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI
Country flag
Just out of curiously, why doesn't someone offer a download of the VitTuned file that was emailed to them?

Since it's no longer available, I don't see why others can't share the file for preservation purposes.

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR - 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec
Country flag
I believe it’s somehow locked to your system or Ecu or something. Idk exactly but it’s tied to your account. Then again I could be completely wrong lol.

Just out of curiously, why doesn't someone offer a download of the VitTuned file that was emailed to them?

Since it's no longer available, I don't see why others can't share the file for preservation purposes.
Sponsored