_.berr

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
If the ktuner v2 i bought has 2 tunes ( VIT & TSP) loaded onto it am i able to access them as well? Or does the person need to untie them from his vin?
Sponsored

NikkoPH

First Name
Nikko
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan 2016 Honda Pilot Touring
Country flag
If the ktuner v2 i bought has 2 tunes ( VIT & TSP) loaded onto it am i able to access them as well? Or does the person need to untie them from his vin?
Tunes are lock to the Ktuner serial # while the Ktuner can be locked to the VIN of the car. If the Ktuner has been unlocked from the car, you can lock it to your own and use the tunes.

OP
OP
_.berr

_.berr

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
So pretty much the ktuner has to be unlocked & once its plugged up to my car itll be loaded as well?

Gotch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
Country flag
From what I’ve read and understand, once flashed to stock and unlocked, all the tunes on the v2 are erased.

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
You can use them if your ECU matches. Since you have a 19 and the Vit tunes weren't being sold anymore by the time the 19s were sold, I'd imagine that you won't be able to use them because of the ECU being different. You will most likely need to repurchase them for your ECU version.

ATM

First Name
ATM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
bought a ktuner where the seller had purchased a tune (tsp/phearable etc). He will flash back to stock and unlock it before shipping.

is that purchased tune transferable to me? if so, how do we do the transfer?

Thanks for the help.

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
bought a ktuner where the seller had purchased a tune (tsp/phearable etc). He will flash back to stock and unlock it before shipping.

is that purchased tune transferable to me? if so, how do we do the transfer?

Thanks for the help.
He should be able to email you the tunes and you can uplaod them to your ktuner unit

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
If you dont have the exact same ECU software version e.g. 5AN-C3x then tunes aren't transferable even though they are matched to that unit and serial #. You'd either have to buy the tune again for your software revision or contact the tuner if they can convert the file for a nominal fee. TSP does this for like 15 bucks.

ATM

First Name
ATM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
If you dont have the exact same ECU software version e.g. 5AN-C3x then tunes aren't transferable even though they are matched to that unit and serial #. You'd either have to buy the tune again for your software revision or contact the tuner if they can convert the file for a nominal fee. TSP does this for like 15 bucks.
we both have the same 2020 si. But how or where do I find my ECU software version so that I can compare with the sellers ECU.

Last edited:

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
we both have the same 2020 si. But how or where do I find my ECU software version so that I can compare with the sellers ECU.
Its most likely the same but you have to look under your hood at the ECU. Its on a sticker on the side of it.

Reactions: ATM

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you both have a 2020 Si (Assuming you are both in the same country) you do not have to check the software version, it will be good to go.

Reactions: ATM

ATM

First Name
ATM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
I got the Ktuner but haven’t flashed it yet.

In the next month looking to install exhaust and dp.

Is it better to wait to install those then put in the Ktuner?
correct me if I’m wrong but when you put on the Ktuner, don’t you have to list the mods you have on the car for the tune to better run Or does it not matter?

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
I got the Ktuner but haven’t flashed it yet.

In the next month looking to install exhaust and dp.

Is it better to wait to install those then put in the Ktuner?
correct me if I’m wrong but when you put on the Ktuner, don’t you have to list the mods you have on the car for the tune to better run Or does it not matter?
The exhaust is fine, ktuner wont care. I'm not sure about the DP, someone else will have to verify.

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si, 2006 Saab 9-3 Aero
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
The exhaust is fine, ktuner wont care. I'm not sure about the DP, someone else will have to verify.
It shouldn't matter, you can flash now. The 9nly thing is you might want to disable the code that is related to the o2 sensor, I forget the exact disable. This way you won't have to reflash once the dp is installed

KingOfBrussels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Si sedan
Country flag
The downpipe will unlock more power but the intercooler is the limiting factor with repeatable performance. The stock piece heat soaks and your power will be reduced as intake temps go higher. These tunes without a downpipe will already make enough power to make your stock clutch questionable. If you haven't already bought the dp, consider doing an intercooler first. You won't see peak hp numbers as high as with a dp but it'll keep your same power level longer and more consistently with repeated boosting.
Sponsored