Ktuner V2 dual 21psi tune first impressions

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L CVT Ktuner Stage 1
Country flag
I did the 15 psi boost by gear on first gear then 21 for the rest. All responsiveness set to II. This feels the best so far. Much less wheel spin so it feels faster. Feels good on highway. I was just out on my little test circuit. it's so hard to tell if it's limiting it in first gear to 15 psi. When I floor it it holds around 17 then jumps to 23 - 24 psi. Is it normal for it to be higher then 21?
I wonder what does "gear" means in that options of a CVT. Turbo psi depends on RPM?
Sponsored

OP
OP

Alex2893

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring Polished Metal
Country flag

here is a 0-60 run i did. I can differently do better but 5.9 seconds is pretty good to start and i only hit 5900 rpm so i actually did not go WOT. I was worried about tire slip so i guess thats why i did not floor it. i have boost by gear set to 15 psi in first to help tire spin. it does seam to help but i still have to figure out if the much less tire spin makes up for dropping the boost in first. I only had time for 1 test because it started raining.

BTW this tune in the rain is comical. this morning in the dumping rain i had a bit of fun, you can spin the tires anywhere from 0 to 70 mph. yes flooring it at 70 mph the tires spin the traction control lights up. Just for fun i tried to launch it from a stop. I was slipping and traction control was kicking all the way to 65mph. after almost spinning out i figured id had enough fun so clicked the eco button and never slipped again on the way home. love the fact that i can switch back to stock by just clicking a switch.

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag

here is a 0-60 run i did. I can differently do better but 5.9 seconds is pretty good to start and i only hit 5900 rpm so i actually did not go WOT. I was worried about tire slip so i guess thats why i did not floor it. i have boost by gear set to 15 psi in first to help tire spin. it does seam to help but i still have to figure out if the much less tire spin makes up for dropping the boost in first. I only had time for 1 test because it started raining.

BTW this tune in the rain is comical. this morning in the dumping rain i had a bit of fun, you can spin the tires anywhere from 0 to 70 mph. yes flooring it at 70 mph the tires spin the traction control lights up. Just for fun i tried to launch it from a stop. I was slipping and traction control was kicking all the way to 65mph. after almost spinning out i figured id had enough fun so clicked the eco button and never slipped again on the way home. love the fact that i can switch back to stock by just clicking a switch.
On the Si with PS4s running at 25psi I was able to go WOT in 2nd with no traction lost...in my HT manual, felt like my engine was going to come out the car lol.

OP
OP

Alex2893

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

I was finally able to redo my 0-60 runs and i did a little better and i definitely went WOT this time. right around 5.6-5.7 seconds. there was a slight downhill grade. i also did a 0-60 run going ever so slightly up hill and got 6.1 seconds. these times where more then what i expected so i am more then happy. no more launching from me, I just had to get it out of my system. This car is better at 15 or 25 mph pulls anyway. pulls quite well up to 115 mph fastest iv gone so far with the tune.

mcdee735

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 civic, 2003 CRV, 2018 civic si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
New , I'm looking to get ktuner v1.2. Do I need the stage 1 xtra purchase or can I tune by gear an get the max 2018 civic si turbo boost of say 27 lbs. ?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
You can tune it any way you want right out out the box. 27psi is really pushing the envelope though.

OP
OP

Alex2893

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
has anyone tried the 10 psi boost level just to see how slow it makes the car?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
Btw. Anyone knows the nominal power/torque numbers (or curves?) of the 1.5L engine without the turbo?

OP
OP

Alex2893

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Just did a 0-60 run with all gears on 10 psi. About 8.5 - 9 seconds. It's an absolute pig off the line. But I have to say the car pulls much better then I expected on the highway up to 100. Granted it's slower then stock but not as much as I expected. Feels like a carolla lol. If you want your car to run forever run this tune. Everything should ware slower I'd imagine .
Sponsored