Ktuner V2 dual 21psi tune first impressions

Alex2893

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring Polished Metal
Country flag
Civic hatchback sport touring

After a few days with this tune I have to say it's a lot more impressive then I was expecting. I only have the quick adjustment settings on improved 1 on all the settings. So I still hsve yet to turn it all the way up. But driving this car now is much more enjoyable. The stock Honda tune is so bland and blah. You floor it and you actually get pushed back into your seat now. Stock it's to slow of a build up to get the shove. It's quite easy to spin the tires if you punch it under 30. Normally when I see a car I want to pass I might hit 60 then let off. But I did the same thing after the tune and I to my surprise I hit 80. I think the magic pull speed is 20-70 in this car. That's the sweet spot for max pull. This is how the car should be from factory. I also find it cool that I'm now faster then a stock 10th gen SI. 0-60 feels much quicker now. Probably still above 6 seconds because I get a lot of tire spin from 0-25 so with tires with more grip I think I could hit 60 in under 6 seconds. I had a Volvo c30 before this car that I timed at 6 seconds and this feels noticably quicker.

I just got back from a drive with the quick settings at the most responsive. I actually think it's a little much. No lag at all and feels insane but I also think that quick shot of power could put more stress on the trans. If I can find the middle ground between max settings and improved 1 that will be ideal. I find it impressive at how much flexibility there is in changing how the car drives with just a ECU time. K Tuner has out done them self's.
Sponsored

Last edited:

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
Civic hatchback sport touring

After a few days with this tune I have to say it's a lot more impressive then I was expecting. I only have the quick adjustment settings on improved 1 on all the settings. So I still hsve yet to turn it all the way up. But driving this car now is much more enjoyable. The stock Honda tune is so bland and blah. You floor it and you actually get pushed back into your seat now. Stock it's to slow of a build up to get the shove. It's quite easy to spin the tires if you punch it under 30. Normally when I see a car I want to pass I might hit 60 then let off. But I did the same thing after the tune and I to my surprise I hit 80. I think the magic pull speed is 20-70 in this car. That's the sweet spot for max pull. This is how the car should be from factory. I also find it cool that I'm now faster then a stock 10th gen SI. 0-60 feels much quicker now. Probably still above 6 seconds because I get a lot of tire spin from 0-25 so with tires with more grip I think I could hit 60 in under 6 seconds. I had a Volvo c30 before this car that I timed at 6 seconds and this feels noticably quicker.

I just got back from a drive with the quick settings at the most responsive. I actually think it's a little much. No lag at all and feels insane but I also think that quick shot of power could put more stress on the trans. If I can find the middle ground between max settings and improved 1 that will be ideal. I find it impressive at how much flexibility there is in changing how the car drives with just a ECU time. K Tuner has out done them self's.
Glad you’re enjoying it! I wouldn’t be concerned with the trans, it’s the clutch you should be mindful of. If you have ramp rate disabled for instance, it’s a sure way to get your clutch to start slipping.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
He has a CVT ;)

Nice writeup OP. I actually backed down from the most aggressive settings as well. The response was instant but long term I like the idea of slowing the ramp and part throttle response just a bit because I hope to keep this car a long time.

I'm using Improved II now for everything (turbo responsiveness, ramp, throttle, spool). It's a nice balanced feel. I also set BBG to 15psi in 1st only to protect the transmission down low.

Interestingly, I'm also seeing a slight (1-2) mpg improvement with the less aggressive setup.

Last edited:

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
He has a CVT ;)

Nice writeup OP I actually backed down from the most aggressive settings as well. The response was instant but long term I like the idea of slowing the ramp and part throttle response just a bit because I hope to keep this car a long time.
I missed that part haha

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
One more thing to add about the quick adjustments. When everything is set to it's most aggressive, it's virtually impossible to drive in heavy traffic like I deal with and not get frustrated. Reason being, just a light jab of the pedal and you're on someone's bumper REALLY quick. ;) I get very impatient with the slowpokes.

As far as 0-60, this is definitely a hair under 6 second car now.

Last edited:

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the feedback! Glad you're enjoying the tunes so far!
Hey JR, thanks for making such a great product. Can't wait to see what additional features you come up with for us 1.5 CVT guys.

OP
OP

Alex2893

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
He has a CVT ;)

Nice writeup OP. I actually backed down from the most aggressive settings as well. The response was instant but long term I like the idea of slowing the ramp and part throttle response just a bit because I hope to keep this car a long time.

I'm using Improved II now for everything (turbo responsiveness, ramp, throttle, spool). It's a nice balanced feel. I also set BBG to 15psi in 1st only to protect the transmission down low.

Interestingly, I'm also seeing a slight (1-2) mpg improvement with the less aggressive setup.
If I do boost by gear in first gear and set it to 15psi and 21 psi for second gear at what mph will second gear start? Is there like a table that shows what mph the gear changes. Cuz there really is no gears with the cvt so I'm curious on how it works.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You can just leave everything but 1st untouched if you want. Basically this should limit wheelspin off the line a bit at high throttle. There's no rule that you have to use BBG at all, of course. I'm just doing it for some peace of mind.

OP
OP

Alex2893

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I noticed there was 2 options with boost by gear. A plain list of psi targets and below that the same set but with Ramp. What is the difference?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ramp means it will slowly ramp up to hit the target. The non-ramp numbers will hit that target psi faster.

OP
OP

Alex2893

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I did the 15 psi boost by gear on first gear then 21 for the rest. All responsiveness set to II. This feels the best so far. Much less wheel spin so it feels faster. Feels good on highway. I was just out on my little test circuit. it's so hard to tell if it's limiting it in first gear to 15 psi. When I floor it it holds around 17 then jumps to 23 - 24 psi. Is it normal for it to be higher then 21?

Last edited:
OP
OP

Alex2893

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
My only issue now is my brakes. I have 12k miles and after about 5 minutes of faster driveing and highway speed breaking I get some pretty bad trembling as I'm braking in the brake petal. Not sure what it is. I was just at honda about 40 days ao for oil change and tire rotation and they said the breaking components where fine. My issue is before the rotation my breaks were smooth as butter. But I noticed the trembling a few days after that. And it's been getting progressively worse.

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L CVT Ktuner Stage 1
Country flag
I had a 1.5T CVT and Ktuner as well. However I'm running Stage 0 to make the car a little more responsive. Because I want to keep adding E87.

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L CVT Ktuner Stage 1
Country flag
I did the 15 psi boost by gear on first gear then 21 for the rest. All responsiveness set to II. This feels the best so far. Much less wheel spin so it feels faster. Feels good on highway. I was just out on my little test circuit. it's so hard to tell if it's limiting it in first gear to 15 psi. When I floor it it holds around 17 then jumps to 23 - 24 psi. Is it normal for it to be higher then 21?
Hello, is your car CVT? I wonder what BBG means on a CVT. I want Stage 1 but my stock tires are not good.
Sponsored