Ktuner V2 CVT install - Saving base map?

Markusc

First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic 1.5L turbo
Country flag
Hi guys,

I know this may sound a little repetitive but I'm struggling to find a forum mentioning the basics around installing ktuner for the first time. I have a few Q's. If there is any official or informative thread/video please link me to it!

1. When you originally go to flash, does the ktuner automatically save the base tune back to the ktuner or is there another way to do this?

I guess I want to ensure I have the base tune saved somewhere so I can reflash back to it easily when needed. I've just got my V2 arrived so if you CVT guys have any suggestings on what's been working well I'd love to hear from you!

Thanks guys
Sponsored

ddood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 VTI-LX
Country flag
Assuming your specific ECU is already supported, the factory/base tune is already in KTuner so there is no need to "save" your default tune.

OP
OP

Markusc

First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic 1.5L turbo
Country flag
Assuming your specific ECU is already supported, the factory/base tune is already in KTuner so there is no need to "save" your default tune.
Thanks for the info, it is supported do should be all good :)

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Yes, since some people break laptops, switch laptops, hard drives die, etc... all base codes are built into the KTuner software.
Sponsored