SteelxCityxPro

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
So i purchased a ktuner V2 the other night i set everything up and went to flash a new tune to the car. When the progress bar finished a message came up saying "Failed Tune" and the car went into recovery mode (which i didn't know at the time) which makes the car inoperable. I contacted support through ktuners website and almost instantly got an email back asking what i had done and things i could try to get the car up and running again. Long story short i ended up talking to this same guy from support (which i later discovered was the developer of the unit as well) for well over 6 hours in total trying to get the car to work (Not his fault i'm super new to modding cars and have no experience with tunes). It ended up being the sd card in the ktuner unit and once i got a new sd and threw it in it worked flawlessly. I normally don't really post reviews or anything on websites but this guy from ktuner was an all star I was super worried i had done something wrong that messed my brand new car and he stayed on the phone/email with me for multiple hours trying to get my car back up and running and i cant thank the guy enough. So just wanted to let ppl know about the great customer service that also comes with the ktuner products the guy not only dealt with my endless questions but also took time out of his personal life just so i could get the issue worked out. And as for the actual product itself JESUS it makes such a difference almost feels like a whole different car! Couldn't be more happy with the product and support of Ktuner 100% giving a 5 star review!
Sponsored

OP
OP

SteelxCityxPro

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
You stayed calm and we figured out what went wrong. Glad it was easy!
Yup I imagine that could have gone a wayyy different way but all i wanted was to get my car working no need in yelling to do that and I think once you found that out too it was super smooth!

Hellraisingvtec

CarStudio101
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI
Country flag
I want to get one to do several videos of the comparison with oem, stage 1 and 2 on some upcoming track events with NASA but can't seem to find them in stock. Good for them because people are buying it and they seems to be great. I've spoken with them twice and the service has been amazing. They have always been willing to answer all question. I'm glad you did this review. Normally people just post the bad experiences and forget to mention the good ones.

Last edited:

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
I want to get one to do several videos of the comparison with oem, stage 1 and 2 on some upcoming track events with NASA but can't seem to find them in stock. Good for them because people are buying it and they seems to be great. I've spoken with them twice and the service has been amazing. They have always been willing to answer all question. I'm glad you did this review. Normally people just post the bad experiences and forget to mention the good ones.
Thanks! Definitely let us know if you have any other questions.

We are finishing up the last of the back orders, so new orders should ship within 7-10 days!

ALOHAbyCHOICE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 civic ext
Country flag
So i purchased a ktuner V2 the other night i set everything up and went to flash a new tune to the car. When the progress bar finished a message came up saying "Failed Tune" and the car went into recovery mode (which i didn't know at the time) which makes the car inoperable. I contacted support through ktuners website and almost instantly got an email back asking what i had done and things i could try to get the car up and running again. Long story short i ended up talking to this same guy from support (which i later discovered was the developer of the unit as well) for well over 6 hours in total trying to get the car to work (Not his fault i'm super new to modding cars and have no experience with tunes). It ended up being the sd card in the ktuner unit and once i got a new sd and threw it in it worked flawlessly. I normally don't really post reviews or anything on websites but this guy from ktuner was an all star I was super worried i had done something wrong that messed my brand new car and he stayed on the phone/email with me for multiple hours trying to get my car back up and running and i cant thank the guy enough. So just wanted to let ppl know about the great customer service that also comes with the ktuner products the guy not only dealt with my endless questions but also took time out of his personal life just so i could get the issue worked out. And as for the actual product itself JESUS it makes such a difference almost feels like a whole different car! Couldn't be more happy with the product and support of Ktuner 100% giving a 5 star review!
So it was the sd card that came with the ktuner that was faulty and not yours? Could you show pic of where the sd card slot is? I didn't know there's a sd card for ktuner

First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatch
Thanks for the review, good to know that they have great service in case something gets messed up.

Greencobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic Si 2016 Mazda CX-9
Ok so how did you get to the card? Mine is shitting the bed and they want me to send it in. I'm hoping the card thing fixes mine. It's getting no power

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Are these kind of issues common with the Ktuner?

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Are these kind of issues common with the Ktuner?
Not really, but we have had to replace a few SD cards for customers. Our latest cards are Panasonic and have proven to be very stable so far.

erik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
anyone on the fence I also reccomend pulling the trigger. One of my work buddies has a 2017 WRX and we went a did a few pulls. I’m using a 21/23psi duel tune (basically base maps).
We did 2 highway 45mph pulls and one from a dig, the 45’s he clearly pulled on me hard but from a dig it was neck and neck till around 55 and he pulled ahead. He was blown away by it (he had an 8th gen SI). Adds so much to drivability and sporty feel. Can’t wait to get a Vit tune!

Greencobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic Si 2016 Mazda CX-9
anyone on the fence I also reccomend pulling the trigger. One of my work buddies has a 2017 WRX and we went a did a few pulls. I’m using a 21/23psi duel tune (basically base maps).
We did 2 highway 45mph pulls and one from a dig, the 45’s he clearly pulled on me hard but from a dig it was neck and neck till around 55 and he pulled ahead. He was blown away by it (he had an 8th gen SI). Adds so much to drivability and sporty feel. Can’t wait to get a Vit tune!
How's your clutch holding up? Mine is slip city. I even think about flooring it and it slips. If u didn't get an upgraded clutch don't bother with vit stage 2. The stock clutch can't handle it even in normal mode.

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR - 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec
Country flag
Just curious, how many miles are on your clutch? And are you stage 1 or stage 2 from VIT

How's your clutch holding up? Mine is slip city. I even think about flooring it and it slips. If u didn't get an upgraded clutch don't bother with vit stage 2. The stock clutch can't handle it even in normal mode.

erik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
On the highway pulls with the 23psi I felt it slip pretty hard but on the dig I had no issues. I just hit 5k miles all stock other than the ktuner.
Sponsored