Ktuner v1.2 question

CVCTURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport 6M
Country flag
Just order Ktuner v1.2 off ebay (15% off)

Can I use an Apple Mac book to connect to download the software to the ecu?
Sponsored

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
Only if you install Windows on it. I have a macbook Pro and it is a pain in the ass using bootcamp for tuning devices. I say this as an owner of both a Hondata Flashpro and Ktuner v1.2. Pick up a cheap windows laptop or borrow one to setup your tuning device and marry to the ecu.

Android is supported as well but iOS is not. Apple makes slick looking devices which are a pleasure to use and hold their value quite well but for home brew and development type stuff they are nearly useless due to a lack of support and compatibility issues.

OP
OP
CVCTURBO

CVCTURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport 6M
Country flag
Fmllll, had a family member give me this MacBook a few months ago. Do you know if tablets work? Thanks for the info btw

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
Fmllll, had a family member give me this MacBook a few months ago. Do you know if tablets work? Thanks for the info btw
You need Windows. XP or 7 will work. Buy a cheap older laptop.

OP
OP
CVCTURBO

CVCTURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport 6M
Country flag
A Windows tablet will work, if you're talking about one of the Windows 8 or 10 tablets. As long as it's a standard Windows version.
Ok I'm thinking a family member has a windows tablet. If not I'll have to go get one. May have some questions once I get it flashed, if so best for me to contact you on here Ktuner?

XWCMx

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I've been spending the last 3-4 days trying to get Boot Camp to work on my Mac with no luck... Just went to VirtualBox and have Windows 10 up and running with Ktuner, but am now hitting issues with my USB and am unsure if its the Ktuner itself or my setup?

Once I connect the device to my car, it keeps jumping between Authenticating and Disconnected every 2-3 seconds, non-stop. I've tried multiple ports, and still the same. Could this be a malfunctioning unit, or do I need to go spend a few hundred on a new computer just to run this?

DarkLight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic-2016 LX 6MT
Country flag
I've been spending the last 3-4 days trying to get Boot Camp to work on my Mac with no luck... Just went to VirtualBox and have Windows 10 up and running with Ktuner, but am now hitting issues with my USB and am unsure if its the Ktuner itself or my setup?

Once I connect the device to my car, it keeps jumping between Authenticating and Disconnected every 2-3 seconds, non-stop. I've tried multiple ports, and still the same. Could this be a malfunctioning unit, or do I need to go spend a few hundred on a new computer just to run this?
Just buy a cheap laptop from a pawnshop. I got one for $35 to keep in my car and it has been working for nearly 3 years.

5inn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Type R
Country flag
Don't forget CL, or facebook marketplace too. If you have an office job, see if IT has any ancient computers they're about to throw away.

KTuner is great in that it supports really old PCs.

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

I experienced the same thing on multiple Macs(mbp late 2013, mba 2011, mb 2018). The solution is to continue reseating the USB. After several dozen unplugging it finally would connect. That is not an exaggeration. When it would finally work I was nervous as hell expecting the connection to crap out, though it never did. I eventually started using my dell gaming laptop (Inspiron 7567) for hondata and Ktuner, and it has always worked flawlessly.

I still like my MBPr15, but it is lousy for tuning.

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
My tuning laptop is a MBP with Parallels, no issues with connectivity. I'm unsure why you'd have any trouble there. Make sure the drivers are installed and it shows up in device manager properly.

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
My tuning laptop is a MBP with Parallels, no issues with connectivity. I'm unsure why you'd have any trouble there. Make sure the drivers are installed and it shows up in device manager properly.
I used bootcamp for all of them .maybe the USB support is better with parallels. Strikes me as odd but good to know.

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
I figure bootcamp would be the best option since it's native, but maybe not. I've just been using Parallels since before it was Parallels. :)

XWCMx

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the advice guys. I've now downloaded Parallels, but am hitting the exact same issue - This time it's flashing "Authenticating" for a millisecond, and then back to Disconnected. I've tried a few different cords, and unplugging 100+ times to no avail. I'll reach out to Ktuner and see if they know of anything else.
Sponsored