KTuner v1.2 - Logging without a laptop or TunerView?

schrisi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen Si
Country flag
Is it possible to record logs without my laptop plugged in to the Ktuner via USB? I don't want to pay $25 for the Honda Hack, so bluetooth is out. Seems like running the cable to the laptop would be dangerous while driving around, so it'd be nice to drive around some, then hook the laptop up and retrieve the logs. Is that a thing?
Sponsored

OP
OP

schrisi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen Si
Country flag
On board logging settings are available in the on board logging option on the toolbar.
I just re-read the documentation and missed the line spelling out that onboard logging is what I'm looking for. I was out at my car earlier and enabled that option by marking the checkbox. That's all that needs to happen, right?

I didn't see any logs available for download when I was done doing a few recordings with my laptop. My Ktuner is still in the OBD port, so after my next few trips, I should have some logs available for download? Or do I need to do anything else?

Thanks!

ONEPNT5.Si

First Name
Dustyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FC1 Si
Country flag
I just re-read the documentation and missed the line spelling out that onboard logging is what I'm looking for. I was out at my car earlier and enabled that option by marking the checkbox. That's all that needs to happen, right?

I didn't see any logs available for download when I was done doing a few recordings with my laptop. My Ktuner is still in the OBD port, so after my next few trips, I should have some logs available for download? Or do I need to do anything else?

Thanks!
I believe that you need to set the parameters that will trigger a log to start and stop, such as any time the car goes WOT, over a certain RPM threshold, over a certain boost pressure, etc.

OP
OP

schrisi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen Si
Country flag
I believe that you need to set the parameters that will trigger a log to start and stop, such as any time the car goes WOT, over a certain RPM threshold, over a certain boost pressure, etc.
If that's done by clicking the Settings button (#5) in the link below, then there were values selected there when I enabled the onboard logging earlier. Guess I'll check to see if anything's been saved next time I take my laptop to my car.

http://www.ktuner.com/KTunerHelp/on...ndow.htm?ms=AgAAEA==&st=MA==&sct=MA==&mw=MjQw
Sponsored