KTuner Updates: Si Advanced VSA, 18 MY Map Switching, And More!

ricoxg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you do the pedal dance that will eliminate the throttle pullback and leave Advanced VSA Ignition Pullback in place, if enabled. Turning on Cruise Main disables Advanced VSA Ignition Pullback, if you want to burn out etc.
Doesn't pressing the cruise control button affect the throttle padding in TSP stg 1 tune as well?
Sponsored

OP
OP
KTuner

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Doesn't pressing the cruise control button affect the throttle padding in TSP stg 1 tune as well?
Cruise main negates the rev hang disable, putting rev hang back to factory operation. Padding is always in play.

ricoxg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Cruise main negates the rev hang disable, putting rev hang back to factory operation. Padding is always in play.
Got it! Just to be clear, advance VSA update will only be activated doing the pedal dance? I don't want to run it all the time with an aftermarket catted downpipe.

OP
OP
KTuner

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
No, Advanced VSA is active any time you have the settings enabled and set to do something unless you disable it with Cruise Main. See previous post for info regarding pedal dance.

Shadowfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatchback sport manual
Country flag
For the few of us dirty base models with a limited slip differential.

Will it be ok to run the base model traction control when it comes out or would we need the si version because of the LSD?

OP
OP
KTuner

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
For the few of us dirty base models with a limited slip differential.

Will it be ok to run the base model traction control when it comes out or would we need the si version because of the LSD?

Yes, it is fine to run with or without LSD. It's all based on wheel speeds and takes into account fastest driven and slowest non-driven.

In fact it seems like you have a model we have a beta with Advanced VSA for non-Si ready to go. Email us if you want a copy to try out!

Last edited:

Shadowfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatchback sport manual
Country flag
Ktuner let me try this out on my base model. Thank you Ktuner!

I really like it. I can be much more aggressive with the throttle now from a stop. You can still whoops and give it to much throttle then end up with a burn out. Its just harder to get to that point.

I feel like Im faster from a stop. I have no proof of that but it really feels like it :)

The setting I used is Aggressive ignition/light throttle and my tires are 245 pilot super sports with light weight wheels.

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ktuner let me try this out on my base model. Thank you Ktuner!

I really like it. I can be much more aggressive with the throttle now from a stop. You can still whoops and give it to much throttle then end up with a burn out. Its just harder to get to that point.

I feel like Im faster from a stop. I have no proof of that but it really feels like it :)

The setting I used is Aggressive ignition/light throttle and my tires are 245 pilot super sports with light weight wheels.

Great to know! Thanks for sharing! Didn't know you could still end up with a burn out though. A burn out reduction chance is better than none at all.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Question: I've been tinkering around with the base maps and looking to build off one that has the most conservative spool/ramp under partial throttle. My three calibrations for the flash are as follows:
  • Factory/19.5
  • Factory/21.5
  • 19.5/23
Knowing that I'm using the global factory-based quick adjustments, is there going to be a difference building off the 19/21.5 starter map vs. the factory starter map?

I know I can get really specific using Boost by Gear, but wanted to start high level first. :)

OP
OP
KTuner

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
You're able to see and alter the boost targets for each mode in the tuning table list, just like you can see and alter the BBG targets, if you want to keep them tamer or have a better understanding of what they're targeting at specific RPM points.

Leave turbo responsiveness at factory and ramp at factory, too, if you want to keep that to a minimum.

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you do the pedal dance that will eliminate the throttle pullback and leave Advanced VSA Ignition Pullback in place, if enabled. Turning on Cruise Main disables Advanced VSA Ignition Pullback, if you want to burn out etc.
  • Do pedal dance
  • Do NOT turn on Cruise Main (It Disables Advanced VSA Ignition Pullback)
  • You are good to go.

Got It!
I did some changes today and loaded up the a new tune. The car is a Monster. No dragstrip open to test the changes though. I am going to need this feature asap.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
  • Do pedal dance
  • Do NOT turn on Cruise Main (It Disables Advanced VSA Ignition Pullback)
  • You are good to go.

Got It!
I did some changes today and loaded up the a new tune. The car is a Monster. No dragstrip open to test the changes though. I am going to need this feature asap.
Myx, would you care to elaborate on "some changes"? Us car forum peeps love details. :thumbsup:

Reactions: Myx

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Myx, would you care to elaborate on "some changes"? Us car forum peeps love details. :thumbsup:
I'm an idiot. I didn't have things maxed in quick enabled section in Ktuner. It's looking like I was running no more than 15psi of boost all this year while testing stuff at the strip. A tuner just pointed this out to me. Was beta testing a piece in August last year and simply never took advantage of the new quick adjustments. :crazy::oops::rolleyes::doh:

Good news is I have been running 14.1-14.5's in the 1/4 mile in my 'dog-slow' state, depending on how cool it was outside. I'd say things like with my uploaded tune today, my dash lights up like a xmas tree when flooring it from a dead stop, fighting for traction or that I now get some mild torque steer when flooring it from 75mph but it all doesn't mean squat. I need to test this current tune out at a track for data.

And this Advanced VSA would be a huge help in my 60ft times.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Call me weird but I don't mind the occasional mild torque steer I get from my most aggressive tune. Let's me know I've got a whole lot more power than stock.;)

Reactions: Myx

caspar21

2018 Civic Si
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
i am seeing an interesting effect on long sweeping corners at part throttle just at/past the limit with adv vsa full on.
it kind of does a skipping thing. go-start spinning-back off the power via vsa- power up again. etc.
i don't know if it is the lsd playing all grabby or the adv vsa messing with wheel spin.

any input? i think i got some video but dunno if it will show.
Sponsored