KTuner Updates: Si Advanced VSA, 18 MY Map Switching, And More!

thebutcher

NSFW
First Name
The Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Chevy C10 custom deluxe, 2014 Harley Davidson Ultra Limited, 2019 Honda Civic Si coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We have results from a Spanish Sport+ 1.5t (2.5" custom exhaust + kyn drop in filter)on a hub dyno. 205hp using 95 RON E5 gas and 214hp using 98 RON E5 gas on the stock tune. For ktuner basemaps we didn't wait for knock control to go down after flashing so maybe there is some hidden potential. Here are the results https://civicxclub.com/t/votacion-d...ia-stage-1-y-stage-2-ktuner/1875/10?u=kytos22
I don’t understand Spanish cause I’d like to know what they are talking about.
Sponsored

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Different Dyno’s produce different numbers even though the base test (car or motorcycle) could be the same across the board. I’ve read people say “Don’t use the base map, bring it in to get it tuned on a Dyno”. Yet you’d think Ktuner have already spent time testing their base maps. And MAPS numbers seem low compared to TSP even though their using the same tuner. Why is that? Could it be the Dyno they’re using? Could it be the settings they have chosen?

Back when I got my Harley, it was all stock, so I looked into getting a stage 1 kit for it. V&H says their slip-on mufflers produces more HP than the other companies. Rhinehart says theirs produce more. It’s just marketing, right? Ours is better than theirs. So the only fair test would be to use a neutral 3rd party, right?

That’s all I’m suggesting here. I’d like to see a neutral 3rd party take this tuner, the base maps available, and a “Stock” civic and give us real world results. The reason I’m saying “Stock” is because of all the different bolt on combos one could come up with along with all the different companies that sell these parts. Every test would give different results. Using “Stock” results would give more people a direction to take to bring their car to the next level, some might even stop with just the tuner. To many people do what others do and they actually hurt their car because they are not educated enough to know better.

I’d like to see the torque curve from these tests. How soon does one come on compared to the others. How flat is it. Do you want high HP that falls flat at 6000 rpm or lower HP that pulls to redline. There’s more to this than high numbers. Would you be satisfied if you modded your car only to find out you had a dip in your torque?
upload_2019-4-11_12-12-2.jpeg
I understand how dynos differ etc.....now again, you want independent and want to throw out the shops we trust, then go buy a civic, a ktuner, a hondata and dyno time. Because IMW/VIT/MAP etc are all independent, they just happen to be vendors for ktuner and other tuning devices too.

Yet you’d think Ktuner have already spent time testing their base maps.
Are you suggesting they didnt test their basemaps? They certainly did for months and months, and the dyno sheets on their website are stock as well as modded, and all the basemaps were created on a stock car.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I can't speaking to the exact power numbers and in my case I have a CVT which is notoriously difficult to accurately dyno. The bottom line is my car tuned with KTuner drives substantially quicker than stock at anything above 2000 rpm. It also has reduced the feeling of lag quite a bit and I have better throttle response. It's by far the most cost effective power mod for a 10th gen turbo.

kytos

First Name
Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC SPORT 1.5t 2017 EUDM
Country flag
I don’t understand Spanish cause I’d like to know what they are talking about.
You have the dyno plot there.

Stock 98:
214cv --> 199whp.
296nm --> 283nm wheel.

98 Stage 1:
220cv --> 205whp
347nm --> 334 nm wheel

98 Stage 2:
227cv --> 212whp
355nm --> 342nm wheel

98 Custom starter 21:
231 --> 216whp
358nm --> 345nm wheel
Honda Civic 10th gen KTuner Updates: Si Advanced VSA, 18 MY Map Switching, And More! f9f0837639c5caad771d93614e609a7922d2e1f1

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Different Dyno’s produce different numbers even though the base test (car or motorcycle) could be the same across the board. I’ve read people say “Don’t use the base map, bring it in to get it tuned on a Dyno”. Yet you’d think Ktuner have already spent time testing their base maps. And MAPS numbers seem low compared to TSP even though their using the same tuner. Why is that? Could it be the Dyno they’re using? Could it be the settings they have chosen?

Back when I got my Harley, it was all stock, so I looked into getting a stage 1 kit for it. V&H says their slip-on mufflers produces more HP than the other companies. Rhinehart says theirs produce more. It’s just marketing, right? Ours is better than theirs. So the only fair test would be to use a neutral 3rd party, right?

That’s all I’m suggesting here. I’d like to see a neutral 3rd party take this tuner, the base maps available, and a “Stock” civic and give us real world results. The reason I’m saying “Stock” is because of all the different bolt on combos one could come up with along with all the different companies that sell these parts. Every test would give different results. Using “Stock” results would give more people a direction to take to bring their car to the next level, some might even stop with just the tuner. To many people do what others do and they actually hurt their car because they are not educated enough to know better.

I’d like to see the torque curve from these tests. How soon does one come on compared to the others. How flat is it. Do you want high HP that falls flat at 6000 rpm or lower HP that pulls to redline. There’s more to this than high numbers. Would you be satisfied if you modded your car only to find out you had a dip in your torque?
upload_2019-4-11_12-12-2.jpeg
This has been done. It's was on Vits blog. The +6, +9, 21# and 23# Hondata and Ktuner maps were all compared to each other. They were all very similar with regard to power (+6 vs 21#. +9 vs 23#) though I don't know that Hondata has all the quick enables Ktuner provides. There's been other features one or the other has had or lacked.

The blog is now gone. I don't know if the dynos were ever copied and saved to a thread on here.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You have the dyno plot there.

Stock 98:
214cv --> 199whp.
296nm --> 283nm wheel.

98 Stage 1:
220cv --> 205whp
347nm --> 334 nm wheel

98 Stage 2:
227cv --> 212whp
355nm --> 342nm wheel

98 Custom starter 21:
231 --> 216whp
358nm --> 345nm wheel
The conversion is as follow

283nm=209 ft lb tq
334nm=246
355nm=261
358nm=264

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
thebutcher

Why even rely on someone else's dyno number? 3rd party or not. I've always dyno'd my own cars and ran them in the 1/4 mile. It's all he-say/she-say otherwise. Who knows what a 3rd party (4th or 5th party for that matter) is affiliated with? Just sayin'!

As for the Advanced VSA......I am really, Really, REALLY interested in that.

caspar21

2018 Civic Si
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
after playing with ktuner vsa in full advanced mode on dirt covered streets i am seeing a lot of wheel spin in first and second. not crazy smoking tires, just slipping and consistent accelleration.
i can feel it dialing the power back and the overall result is very much better than stock vsa chopping throttle and better than just letting it smoke the tires with the pedal dance.

overall i am very happy with it so far. i see a lot of potential for unheard of accelleration due to it feeling out max power better than we could ever do seat of the pants.

now i need to play with its settings more. i think i have it set a bit aggressive still.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hmm... I haven't updated my Ktuner software in a long, long time. I guess it wouldn't matter if I'm running TSP Stage 1 as that would have to of been incorporated in the tune at the time it was made. Very cool feature. I know I lose traction like made even with the 18# boost by gear and will spin through 2nd on cool days.

caspar21

2018 Civic Si
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Hmm... I haven't updated my Ktuner software in a long, long time. I guess it wouldn't matter if I'm running TSP Stage 1 as that would have to of been incorporated in the tune at the time it was made. Very cool feature. I know I lose traction like made even with the 18# boost by gear and will spin through 2nd on cool days.
i am using tsp1 as well. do the update. the vsa is not locked

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i am using tsp1 as well. do the update. the vsa is not locked
Really? Wow... I'll check it out. It might be one of those things since I've got stock exhaust w/cats I probably ought to use it sparingly... but I wouldn't mind just trying it out a time or two and see how it works. Appreciate it.

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 si sedan, FZ1, CR450R, Shadow 750
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Really? Wow... I'll check it out. It might be one of those things since I've got stock exhaust w/cats I probably ought to use it sparingly... but I wouldn't mind just trying it out a time or two and see how it works. Appreciate it.
I've got rv6 catted dp with Nvidia exhaust. You can see right through the catted pipe. Y'all really think it's going to do any dammage?

Honda Civic 10th gen KTuner Updates: Si Advanced VSA, 18 MY Map Switching, And More! IMG_20190213_203439

Honda Civic 10th gen KTuner Updates: Si Advanced VSA, 18 MY Map Switching, And More! IMG_20190213_203410

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes sir. Derek told James it was ok to unlock the advanced VSA quick adjustments for the TSP tunes. So jealous of the Si guy, hopefully we get it on the non Si soon! I think youll be fine activating it, as long as you aren't launching or spinning all the time, you wont be having the advanced VSA kick in so your cat and exhaust should be fine

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 si sedan, FZ1, CR450R, Shadow 750
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What setting are you guys liking? Aggressive ignition/light throttle? Also do you have to uncheck vsa disable in that other top page that comes checked with the tsp tunes?

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What setting are you guys liking? Aggressive ignition/light throttle? Also do you have to uncheck vsa disable in that other top page that comes checked with the tsp tunes?
If you have VSA disabled, then Sport mode does not work. For advanced VSA, just "enable" Advanced VSA and use the quick adjustments
Sponsored