KTuner Updates: Si Advanced VSA, 18 MY Map Switching, And More!

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
A couple of questions.

1. This feature is open and accessible with the TSP Stage 1?

2. What are you finding to be the best settings to use and can you explain the setup a bit to those of us that haven't tried Advanced VSA yet?

Thanks for any insight you have.
1 Yes its a feature available on TSP tunes, it will eventually be available to us, I have tested it as well.
2 I enjoy aggressive ignition pullback and turning off VSA with the VSA button. Car doesnt bog itself when I start to spin the tires.
Sponsored

theblackdogman

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
1 Yes its a feature available on TSP tunes, it will eventually be available to us, I have tested it as well.
2 I enjoy aggressive ignition pullback and turning off VSA with the VSA button. Car doesnt bog itself when I start to spin the tires.
2nd this. It was raining here yesterday so I messed around with it a bit. The aggressive ignition pullback is a.w.e.s.o.m.e.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
A couple of questions.

1. This feature is open and accessible with the TSP Stage 1?

2. What are you finding to be the best settings to use and can you explain the setup a bit to those of us that haven't tried Advanced VSA yet?

Thanks for any insight you have.
#StayTuned for a very exciting announcement!

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase

Nathan le

Honda boy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic touring
Country flag
Hi, dallasjhawk my car have prl catted downpipe is it safe to use the advanced VSA feature? Thanks for any input.

Andre80

First Name
white civic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X 1.5 sport +
Country flag
the 3 levels of vsa make it so that during the skid the power is cut less, it means that at the exit of the curve the car finally does not sit but continues to push

and understandable my google english?

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi, dallasjhawk my car have prl catted downpipe is it safe to use the advanced VSA feature? Thanks for any input.
I have stock down pipe, you'll be fine. Im not trying to roast the tires from every stop sign so itll be ok

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
the 3 levels of vsa make it so that during the skid the power is cut less, it means that at the exit of the curve the car finally does not sit but continues to push

and understandable my google english?
Yes, I understand your Google English fairly well.:thumbsup:

So basically, stock, the Honda VSA mostly uses throttle pullback where Advanced VSA uses different levels of ignition timing reduction. Is that the gist of it?

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

varge

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5T 4D Elegance EUDM
Country flag
Yes, I understand your Google English fairly well.:thumbsup:

So basically, stock, the Honda VSA mostly uses throttle pullback where Advanced VSA uses different levels of ignition timing reduction. Is that the gist of it?
Yes that's that exactly. Here is a datalog of a 2nd gear pull at medium ignition / medium throttle and you will notice that TPS.CMD is only reduced to 90% without actually loosing any turbo pressure, and ignition is pulled back to -10 degrees to reduce power. With the Honda VSA TPS.CMD would have been as low as 40% and the boost would be totally lost, so upon regaining traction the turbo would have to spool again. The only drawback to this is that the retarded ignition increases the exhaust gas temperatures by a lot so over-using this on the aggressive settings may result in your catalytic converter being destroyed over (some) time

Honda Civic 10th gen KTuner Updates: Si Advanced VSA, 18 MY Map Switching, And More! upload_2019-8-6_19-2-46

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag