Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Myx has 1/4 mile times posted with this tune on cvt if you want to see numbers
Keep in mind Myx runs tires that are 2" shorter than stock and has full bolts ons. So his numbers are lower than the average guy tuning his stock Civic.

OP
OP
dallasjhawk

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I always thought wider is better
We're talking improved acceleration with smaller wheel/tire diameter here, not about width. It's about having less unsprung weight and you are changing the final drive ratio as well.

On the other hand, wider is better in terms of dry traction and stability.:thumbsup:

Last edited:

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So smaller rims too?
If your only goal is trying to get the quickest acceleration possible, smaller and lighter is better. But, you will mess up your speedometer accuracy and possibly the ABS if you go too small diameter. Myx does this for his runs at the track.

IMO, for normal daily driving you should keep overall diameter close to stock and just go lighter on the wheels and grippier than stock on the tires.

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If your only goal is trying to get the quickest acceleration possible, smaller and lighter is better. But, you will mess up your speedometer accuracy and possibly the ABS if you go too small diameter. Myx does this for his runs at the track.

IMO, for normal daily driving you should keep overall diameter close to stock and just go lighter on the wheels and grippier than stock on the tires.

Listen to this man. He knows what he's talking about. :thumbsup: BTW: I drive with the setup I have all day, everyday. I don't change anything for the track. Even tire pressure is exactly the same as while I'm driving to the grocery store or out to dinner.

OP
OP
dallasjhawk

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Listen to this man. He knows what he's talking about. :thumbsup: BTW: I drive with the setup I have all day, everyday. I don't change anything for the track. Even tire pressure is exactly the same as while I'm driving to the grocery store or out to dinner.
Cause you never know when you have to give some scrub the business

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Cause you never know when you have to give some scrub the business
I have personal issues DallasjHawk so I don't count. No-one ever wants to race anymore.......ever (which is good because I'm getting to old for this shi*). I swear though, whenever I leave any of my cars stock, old grandmas would rev their supercharged Buicks at me and hand me my arse on the daily. :dunno::banghead:

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Keep in mind Myx runs tires that are 2" shorter than stock and has full bolts ons. So his numbers are lower than the average guy tuning his stock Civic.
I forgot to add @gtman that at the time of the 13.6 runs, I had a homemade intake, Depo Intercooler and PRL Downpipe with TSP Stage one Beta tune. Front pipe and exhaust was still stock at the time. Hell, who counts a homemade intake anyways? (-1) So just TSP Tune/Intercooler/PRL Downpipe. :)

r.camlin

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I have personal issues DallasjHawk so I don't count. No-one ever wants to race anymore.......ever (which is good because I'm getting to old for this shi*). I swear though, whenever I leave any of my cars stock, old grandmas would rev their supercharged Buicks at me and hand me my arse on the daily. :dunno::banghead:
I wouldn't even be mad if I got smoked by some old lady in an '87 GNX

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I also noticed Derek is using BBG in "1st" (set at 18psi) which is smart.
Was looking in the forums for this specific information right here. Thanks for posting it up @gtman.

Was toying with the thought of turning BBG up in 1st tomorrow during testing and tuning. I'll hold off......**Fingers Shaking**
:D

Shiryu

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
Country flag
Was looking in the forums for this specific information right here. Thanks for posting it up @gtman.

Was toying with the thought of turning BBG up in 1st tomorrow during testing and tuning. I'll hold off......**Fingers Shaking**
:D
What does BBG mean?