Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.turn10photos.com
Vehicle(s)
FC3 Si, FK7, HRV
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Have PRL front pipe, catless downpipe and cobra CAI race version in my shopping cart.

Is the ktuner v1.2 the appropriate reflash or is a v2 needed? The v2 with its $200 price bump only seems to offer convenience above anything else.

Any other suggestions?
Sponsored

cygnus21

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI Sedan
Country flag
The only difference between the Ktuner v1.2 and V2 is the screen. Functionally they are the same and offer all of the same tuning capabilities.

RobXsi

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nata
Country flag
Ktuner v1.2 vs V2 id definitly convience from what i read. I went V2 so i didnt have to download to my Infotainment and see my gauges/numbers etc. V2 has its own screen and you can flip tunes on the drop of a dime. But they both do the same job it appears.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
It really does come down to convenience.

With the V2, you can lock and unlock and upload tunes right from the the unit. To lock and unlock with the V1.2 you must own a laptop. The V2 also has LED lights that can be set up to flash a visual alarm. In my case, if IAT's get too high the unit flashes red.

I went with the V2 because I don't own a laptop or want one.

givemeadollar

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
the v2 lets you diagnose error codes that the v1.2 doesn't, along with some led lights and the touch screen. the v1.2 requires a computer with a usb (desktop or laptop) and a smart phone/tablet or a hacked headunit to flash. But the v1.2 offers a more "stealthy" aspect of being pretty much invisible.

Last edited:

OP
OP
Turn10Photos

Turn10Photos

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.turn10photos.com
Vehicle(s)
FC3 Si, FK7, HRV
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The only difference between the Ktuner v1.2 and V2 is the screen. Functionally they are the same and offer all of the same tuning capabilities.
Ktuner v1.2 vs V2 id definitly convience from what i read. I went V2 so i didnt have to download to my Infotainment and see my gauges/numbers etc. V2 has its own screen and you can flip tunes on the drop of a dime. But they both do the same job it appears.
It really does come down to convenience.

With the V2, you can lock and unlock and upload tunes right from the the unit. To lock and unlock with the V1.2 you must own a laptop. The V2 also has LED lights that can be set up to flash a visual alarm. In my case, if IAT's get too high the unit flashes red.

I went with the V2 because I don't own a laptop or want one.
the v2 lets you diagnose error codes that the v1.2 doesn't, along with some led lights and the touch screen. the v1.2 requires a computer with a usb (desktop or laptop) and a smart phone/tablet or a hacked headunit to flash. But the v1.2 offers a more "stealthy" aspect of being pretty much invisible.
Thank you for the replies. I decided to go with the v2 as I wasn't a fan of lugging a laptop around with my former build and I no longer own a laptop. Black Friday deal made it a bit easier to upgrade.

Prl downpipe
Prl cai
Ktuner v2 on the way!

givemeadollar

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Thank you for the replies. I decided to go with the v2 as I wasn't a fan of lugging a laptop around with my former build and I no longer own a laptop. Black Friday deal made it a bit easier to upgrade.

Prl downpipe
Prl cai
Ktuner v2 on the way!
Congrats! but a laptop is only needed if you dont have a smartphone or tablet.
Sponsored