1. Guest, see the CivicX Forum Rules and User Agreement before posting.  After reading click here to dismiss this notice →
    Dismiss Notice

Ktuner No Lift Shift Settings

Discussion in 'Tracking / Autocross / HPDE' started by Gforce81, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Gforce81 Member

Car(s):
    2018 CTR
    Hey everyone -

Looking to improve my 1/4 mile times and am going to enable the feature in Ktuner that lets you keep foot on gas and only use clutch. I believe, if understanding correctly, that you need to establish RPM close where you land in the gear change. Does anyone have settings they've found to work well?

I'm planning on mounting a go-pro so I can see the engine speed between shifts and will start @100 RPM higher as a baseline. Happy to share results as I get more practice but wanted to enlist those more experienced as well. Only had the car for 3 weeks so much to learn!!!

2. PowerPerLiter

PowerPerLiter Specific Output

Service Consultant
    Car(s):
    18' Si Coupe WOP
    1500 rpm less than the shift point should be a good start

3. OP

Gforce81 Member

Car(s):
    2018 CTR
    I had read somewhere (can't find the post) that Ktuner recommended 100 rpm over. Can you elaborate on why you would recommend 1500 under?

4. PowerPerLiter

Service Consultant
    Car(s):
    18' Si Coupe WOP
    well I dont use ktuner yet but from what I know there is a cut and recover for most of those settings. the way my hondata works is basically a "cut until" X RPM. fuel cuts until 1500 ish lower than my shift rpm so redline being 6500 mine is set to 5000 and when I nlts it cuts until 5000 and thats about where the shift normally re engages during a "normal shift"

ninja edit: The "cut" rpm really wouldnt apply to this because its just using the clutch input switch with the tps signal

5. PowerPerLiter

Service Consultant
    Car(s):
    18' Si Coupe WOP
    Just noticed yours is an R....my apologies it may be completely different

6. OP

Gforce81 Member

Car(s):
    2018 CTR
    No worries and thanks for the reply. Going to do some videos so I can see where the engine speed is per gear change and set it near there. Test and adjust. The fun is in learning lol.