KTuner: It's Official... Rev Hang Defeated

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX Type-S / 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
There are a few places that can lighten and balance the OEM DM flywheel.. you can drop about 5lbs or around that much off of it... CM offers this service if you contact them.
Sponsored

VitViper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Man, that blows. Surely there must be other dual mass flywheels lighter in weight than ours though?
Anything lighter than stock changes the inertia of the flywheel which affects the misfire system read outs, triggering false misfire codes (which causes the car to run like crap). So you can't run a lighter flywheel without disabling that system (which is an emissions control system). So leave the stock flywheel in there and enjoy a fun and emissions compliant vehicle!

cmwalton16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe ABM, 2016 Civic Touring CBP
Country flag
Okay so initial impressions are f*** yeah! So much better for rev matching downshifts, and for making quick shifts (when not FTS). Revs don't jump on me when engaging the clutch now!

As mentioned, on and off throttle transitions are more direct and are felt more now (not a problem to me). Just have to develop a light initial touch on the gas (when between 0-10% throttle) and you won't notice.

Kcon was still at .72 by the time my drive was over, so I'll be able to tell more once it comes down and I drive it harder tomorrow.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
T
Okay so initial impressions are f*** yeah! So much better for rev matching downshifts, and for making quick shifts (when not FTS). Revs don't jump on me when engaging the clutch now!

As mentioned, on and off throttle transitions are more direct and are felt more now (not a problem to me). Just have to develop a light initial touch on the gas (when between 0-10% throttle) and you won't notice.

Kcon was still at .72 by the time my drive was over, so I'll be able to tell more once it comes down and I drive it harder tomorrow.
The feeling that your describing sounds exactly like the throttle on all the old school performance Honda's that I've driven. Once you get used to that level of sensitivity, there's no going back!

Can't wait!

Greaver01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hatch
So is this something you havta run the starter tune and click? I've been running stage 2 in between VIT cals just because of simplicity. Can you run this while on stage 2? If not those that run the starter tunes and do the adjustments them selves what are guys suggesting for the average driver? I dont really want to plug and play and reflash 20 times to find what I like best lol

cmwalton16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe ABM, 2016 Civic Touring CBP
Country flag
So is this something you havta run the starter tune and click? I've been running stage 2 in between VIT cals just because of simplicity. Can you run this while on stage 2? If not those that run the starter tunes and do the adjustments them selves what are guys suggesting for the average driver? I dont really want to plug and play and reflash 20 times to find what I like best lol
Not sure about stage 2 anymore since there isn't one for SI, but if you have access to the quick enables menu on that, then I would say yeah. Otherwise if you want to run the starter map here are the settings 95% of people run. Works just fine for daily.

Honda Civic 10th gen KTuner: It's Official... Rev Hang Defeated IMG_0101.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen KTuner: It's Official... Rev Hang Defeated IMG_0102.JPG

andyboyd102

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
You got'em on the ropes Rocky!!!! Now go in and jab, jab, jab, uppercut!!!! Let the new Heavyweight Champion of the world stand up!!!! @KTuneeeeeerrr