First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just got V2 today. During install, there is an account registration box. I put in my info and hit register and then ok. It says to close the account box and then a main software screen is supposed to open. I dont get that screen to pop open. It seems i'm just quitting the Ktuner app. Any ideas?
Sponsored

Vic_L

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Just got V2 today. During install, there is an account registration box. I put in my info and hit register and then ok. It says to close the account box and then a main software screen is supposed to open. I dont get that screen to pop open. It seems i'm just quitting the Ktuner app. Any ideas?
Ah yeah, I got stuck with a similar problem with my V1.2 as well.

After you have registered your account, you need to click on the 'Update' button.
You will/might need to re-try this a few times if it is your first time connecting the KTuner with your vehicle.
EVEN if it says 'Exchanging Data.." and finishes.
It SHOULD eventually bring up the main software screen.

http://www.ktuner.com/KTunerHelp/account_registration.htm?ms=AwkAQBEQAg==&st=MA==&sct=MA==&mw=MjQw

OP
OP
Civics4Ever

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ah yeah, I got stuck with a similar problem with my V1.2 as well.

After you have registered your account, you need to click on the 'Update' button.
You will/might need to re-try this a few times if it is your first time connecting the KTuner with your vehicle.
EVEN if it says 'Exchanging Data.." and finishes.
It SHOULD eventually bring up the main software screen.

http://www.ktuner.com/KTunerHelp/account_registration.htm?ms=AwkAQBEQAg==&st=MA==&sct=MA==&mw=MjQw
Thanks. I have tried more than half a dozen times and still no main software screen comes up. The app seems to just close.

NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe (Sold 12/2021)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Doing it on PC or the V2 screen? If PC, Right-Click the KTuner icon and Run as Administrator.

OP
OP
Civics4Ever

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Doing it on PC or the V2 screen? If PC, Right-Click the KTuner icon and Run as Administrator.
Thanks. I'm trying to do it on my PC and tried running as admin, but same thing, it just closes.

OP
OP
Civics4Ever

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks guys! I went on Ktuners forum and was told it may be an anti_virus program. So i got rid of them and Bingo! I'm in business! I got to the factory tune to load and there are 2. 1st one is Factory 5AA-A55 CVT and the 2nd Factory 5AA-A57 CVT. Which one do i choose? Thanks again.

Hondaman_MI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Civic EX-T
Country flag
Thanks guys! I went on Ktuners forum and was told it may be an anti_virus program. So i got rid of them and Bingo! I'm in business! I got to the factory tune to load and there are 2. 1st one is Factory 5AA-A55 CVT and the 2nd Factory 5AA-A57 CVT. Which one do i choose? Thanks again.
First I tried A55, that was the wrong one...dash warning lights stayed on. Had to use A57. You know you choose wrong when the dash warning lights stay on. Use the other option and the dash warning lights will disappear when driving, that's the right one.

Last edited:

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Look in the KTuner software under KTuner Unit info. It will show your software version. Just match it up to the 55 or 57.

OP
OP
Civics4Ever

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Cool, i chose 55 and no warning lights after the flash. Guess i'm good to go. What a difference! Another question: How do i get back where i can choose from the different tunes to D/L more?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
In the software, you need to choose "new tune", adjust that tune to your liking and upload it to one of the five KTuner tuning slots. I think that's what you're asking?

OP
OP
Civics4Ever

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
In the software, you need to choose "new tune", adjust that tune to your liking and upload it to one of the five KTuner tuning slots. I think that's what you're asking?
Thanks @gtman . That was exactly it. Only thing that sucks now is i'll be out of town the next 3 days for training and testing. Won't get much driving in.
Thank you all so much for your help! Can't wait till the frickin weather warms up!

Hondaman_MI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Civic EX-T
Country flag
Cool, i chose 55 and no warning lights after the flash. Guess i'm good to go. What a difference! Another question: How do i get back where i can choose from the different tunes to D/L more?
It's awesome isn't it, big difference. Lag is gone, the car just goes. Makes me more confident when passing or merging.
Sponsored