• Total voters

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
I heard somewhere that the current ECU can handle E85, but we'll have to wait and see what's up.
Wouldn't the ECU need an ethanol sensor?
I’ve seen that it can handle perhaps 1-2 gallons of e85 blended with 10ish gallons of premium. Unofficially. I think this is good for an 8hp swing which honestly isn’t worth it.

EricDET

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
I’ve seen that it can handle perhaps 1-2 gallons of e85 blended with 10ish gallons of premium. Unofficially. I think this is good for an 8hp swing which honestly isn’t worth it.
Once we have a tuning solution you can setup a map for a few gallons of ethanol. Pretty easy to do. Knowing what you're putting in is essential of course. There are quite a few stand alone ethanol sensors out there as well. It will take time for a full flex fuel solution to come about. Lots of work goes into that.

Worth lots more than 8hp on a proper tune.

dominican

Enthusiast YouTuber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Honda Prelude, 2002 Honda S2000, 2011 BMW 335d, 2017 Honda Civic Hatch WOP Sport M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@dominican has taken the time to put together an ECU removal video, so we're happy to share it here!

Thanks Ktuner! Let me know if there's anything else anyone would like to see, more than happy to help.

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #0426. 2014 Accord Coupe V6
Country flag
Once we have a tuning solution you can setup a map for a few gallons of ethanol. Pretty easy to do. Knowing what you're putting in is essential of course. There are quite a few stand alone ethanol sensors out there as well. It will take time for a full flex fuel solution to come about. Lots of work goes into that.

Right. Not to get off topic from ktuner but example is Vit was able to get an additional 30hp on an e30 blend according his blog when he first started testing on Motec.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag

*on a proper tune. Exactly - current ECU, as is, cannot handle E85 or flex fuel.

Right. Not to get off topic from ktuner but example is Vit was able to get an additional 30hp on an e30 blend according his blog when he first started testing on Motec.
I saw that! I bet he'll get even more when he adds port injection or otherwise finds a way to flow enough fuel to go full e85! I can't wait!

Z0SO

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2008 Jeep Rubicon
I have my HU rooted and installed Play Services... So you're saying I'd be able to use my HU with this?
Do you have a link for instructions on doing this? I feel like this would be a huge benefit. Especially if we can access the Ktune on our HUDs.

the1dynasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R (FK8), 2007 Civic Si (FG2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do you have a link for instructions on doing this? I feel like this would be a huge benefit. Especially if we can access the Ktune on our HUDs.
I already downloaded the app to my phone... I'm not sure which version to purchase inside the app... Maybe @KTuner can explain so I can try this out on my car!

as for the rooting, just search xda "root honda civic" and you'll find it easy enough... you need a mac or windows laptop... but it's pretty simple once you get to the correct menu and have the drivers installed for it to read the HU...

Linszter

TunerView Developer
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Accord K24, 2005 Civic K20 VSA
Country flag
I already downloaded the app to my phone... I'm not sure which version to purchase inside the app... Maybe @KTuner can explain so I can try this out on my car!
It’s pretty simple. If you have KTuner then purchase the KTuner protocol and select the right one in the Settings

OP
OP
KTuner

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)