2.0L KTuner for CVT

OilChange123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic LX CVT
Country flag
Hey Civic buddies!

Sorry if these questions have been asked and answered before, but I have a few noob questions about tuning with Ktuner. I picked up a 2017 Civic LX with the CVT engine a few months back and am loving the car, but it could use a bit of an upgrade in terms of performance. I read a bunch of these forums and others and just had a few questions before I get into the tuning game.

1. Do I need to purchase both the ktuner AND the the actual tune itself or is the tune pre-installed onto the device or how does that all work?

2. Is it better to get a custom tune done or use the basemap provided by Ktuner?

3. I still have a about 60k left on my warranty(Honda Plus Warranty), is it best to wait so it doesn't get voided or is the tune worth it enough to throw the warranty out the window?

4. In your experience, is the tune worth it? I am a little strapped for cash as a student, so I plan to save for a few months, but are performance gains worth it, especially considering I have no future plans for aftermarket parts?

5. How easy is the flashing process? Is it better to save the money and do it myself or have a shop do it for me?
Sponsored

integraboi

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport, Mk4 Jetta VR6
Country flag
1. No the tune comes with the Ktuner.

2. Well the custom tune would be better, but I would confidently say that most of us 2.0L guys use the basemap.

3. I didn't wait, it depends on how bad you want it. I think it's worth it personally.

4. ^

5. It's very easy, all you gotta do is watch a 5 minute youtube video.