KTuner Extended Testing And Tune Results

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
What kind of updates?
I'd be interested in the same kind advanced TC that they offer on the 1.5T platform. Or maybe the equivalent of the new feature that Hondata released that lets us push power over the 400 whp barrier. I'm not sure if legal issues are preventing release of these features on the R, but I've been a bit disheartened by the silence.
Sponsored

sbkhoun

SB`
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RSX Accord CTR
Country flag
I'd be interested in the same kind advanced TC that they offer on the 1.5T platform. Or maybe the equivalent of the new feature that Hondata released that lets us push power over the 400 whp barrier. I'm not sure if legal issues are preventing release of these features on the R, but I've been a bit disheartened by the silence.
Ditto. When I saw this thread updated, I thoght Ktuner came out with some new.....Dang..

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ditto. When I saw this thread updated, I thoght Ktuner came out with some new.....Dang..
I just wish there was more communication. Something like, "Hey guys and gals! Sorry that I've been M.I.A. - we've had some crazy things brewing for the 1.5T platforms and have been all hands on deck getting everything polished for release! We're definitely still in the Type R game though - keep your eyes peeled for see incredible stuff on the horizon! Thanks for your patience everyone!"

I think that would go a long way for everyone here. :dunno:

Florence_NC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Country flag
I just wish there was more communication. Something like, "Hey guys and gals! Sorry that I've been M.I.A. - we've had some crazy things brewing for the 1.5T platforms and have been all hands on deck getting everything polished for release! We're definitely still in the Type R game though - keep your eyes peeled for see incredible stuff on the horizon! Thanks for your patience everyone!"

I think that would go a long way for everyone here. :dunno:
That is making an assumption that they actually have anything planned. To me, the silence is speaking loud and clear.

I would be happy at this point if they would just update their email tech support staff. We can start with people without shitty attitudes that actually answer a question when you ask. My granddaughter is hoping for a talking unicorn with a rainbow sparkle mane. I think we both have about an equal chance of realizing our dreams.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
That is making an assumption that they actually have anything planned. To me, the silence is speaking loud and clear.

I would be happy at this point if they would just update their email tech support staff. We can start with people without shitty attitudes that actually answer a question when you ask. My granddaughter is hoping for a talking unicorn with a rainbow sparkle mane. I think we both have about an equal chance of realizing our dreams.
Honestly, you may be right, but I really hope that it isn't so. I had a great experience using KTuner on my 1.5T, but the R experience has not been great. If it weren't for Derek's awesome Staged tunes, there would be almost no KTuner support for the R at all.

Last edited:

OP
OP
KTuner

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Unfortunately we're tied up in other things at present, but this is still on the list to look at for updates.

handsoffsam

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trackjunkies.org
Vehicle(s)
08 S2000 CR / 99 Spec Miata / 99 WRL Miata / 18 Type R
Country flag
A little off-top but figure you gents in this thread could answer this quick...It's been too long since I've popped in to ktuner to poke around. Does anyone know if we're able to lower the fan temp engage threshold?

OP
OP
KTuner

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
A little off-top but figure you gents in this thread could answer this quick...It's been too long since I've popped in to ktuner to poke around. Does anyone know if we're able to lower the fan temp engage threshold?
You can.

randmtsk

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Agean Blue Civic Type R || 2015 DGM STi - Sold || 2000 Silverstone s2000 - Sold
Country flag
Can't find this info anywhere. For the Type R with the Ktuner multi stage tune does if affect the adaptive dampers and steering ratios in the drive modes?

For ex: If comfort is stage 0 will the steering still be light and the suspension softer while R mode will be heavier steering with stiffer suspension?

MrPink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
@KTuner is there a comparison dyno chart between existing tunes and stage 1.1 and the multistage PRL?