Bumflik

First Name
Kinte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ Wrangler . Sienna . Civic Type R FK8 '17
Country flag
Im late to the party but better late then never!!! Just recieved my ecu back from ktuner. Downloaded software. Now gonna go reinstall ecu in car. Then flash it woo hoo!
Thanks Ktuner for being professional and fast with great customer service. Also my brother from another mother Anthony Boyd down in Bama!
Sponsored

Florence_NC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Country flag
I was reading some older posts in a different forum, and would like for someone to clarify some conflicting info I read:

Does the KTuner setup for the CTR have real-time tuning? And tuning possible by the end user? Because it seemed like these older posts were saying that the KTuner owner could only download premade maps from KTuner, not tune it themselves. If they wanted a custom tune they had to go to an authorized dealer to get that done. Is any of this accurate?

remc86007

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I was reading some older posts in a different forum, and would like for someone to clarify some conflicting info I read:

Does the KTuner setup for the CTR have real-time tuning? And tuning possible by the end user? Because it seemed like these older posts were saying that the KTuner owner could only download premade maps from KTuner, not tune it themselves. If they wanted a custom tune they had to go to an authorized dealer to get that done. Is any of this accurate?
No real-time tuning for an end-user as far as I know, but you can definitely tune it yourself in the PC software.

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #0426. 2014 Accord Coupe V6
Country flag

The bosch ecu you will not be able to do real time tuning. Would have to spend big bucks on a Motec system to do real time tuning.

Florence_NC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Country flag
No real-time tuning for an end-user as far as I know, but you can definitely tune it yourself in the PC software.
The bosch ecu you will not be able to do real time tuning. Would have to spend big bucks on a Motec system to do real time tuning.
As long as it can be tuned offline. Real-time is nice, but not having it doesn't stop anything from being done, just makes it more time-consuming. The posts I was reading were from 2015-2016, so they predate the CTR and maybe even the current KTuner software.

Motec is an option, just a chunk of money. Not sure I really can justify 4 times the price for a DD. Although with my poor email interactions with KTuner tech this past week, I may have to rethink it. Everybody says KTuner tech support is way better than Hondata. If what I experienced is way better, then I would hate to see Hondata.

dunphyjp

PiRRRateJack
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘01 Impreza 2.5RS Coupe, 19’ Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
If it stays stable sometimes and disconnects other times I'm really not sure how to conclude what the cause is, but if you're able to reconnect then the unit is obviously still operating appropriately and bluetooth is still on. That would lead me to believe the head unit is the cause of connection loss. Why? Unknown. You're a one off it would seem. Trying turning off bluetooth on your phone if your phone is also paired to the head unit and see if that helps.
I’d be curious to hear what year this guys car is.... I have a 2019 CTR and have replaced my head unit twice because of Apple CarPlay doing what he’s talking about.

OP
OP
KTuner

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
I’d be curious to hear what year this guys car is.... I have a 2019 CTR and have replaced my head unit twice because of Apple CarPlay doing what he’s talking about.
It details the year in his user info.

Streetthrowback

First Name
Francisco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda civic type r
Country flag
I have a 2019 ctr and haven't had any issued yet, "knock on wood"

NinoTypeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic TypeR #915
Country flag
yeah, I didn't hear much at all for us CTR owners. I ended up making the switch. Finally hit the button for flashpro. I'll miss having that V2 display
Did you have to send in your ECU to Hondata or does the unlock from Ktuner already work? I'm pulling the trigger as well since they announced the e85 capability.

Streetthrowback

First Name
Francisco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda civic type r
Country flag
From what I was told from a forum member that also made the switch you don't have to, I'm thinking if switching as well, I don't need the screen on thr v2 because I use the feature on the screen

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did you have to send in your ECU to Hondata or does the unlock from Ktuner already work? I'm pulling the trigger as well since they announced the e85 capability.
unlocked is unlocked. I remember there was some confusion a bit back when some members that switched complained of having to send the ecu in to have it unlocked again...I suspect user error, lol

I had zero issues, running flashpro now.

OP
OP
KTuner

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)