CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #0426. 2014 Accord Coupe V6
Country flag
The throttle is dampened or at least modified as well I think.
I didn't notice any throttle tables last time I was looking at the options in Ktuner for the FK8. I know there are throttle tables for my accord. Even if there is though the dyno is done at 100% throttle.
Sponsored

TypeRinATL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Country flag
I ended up with just another OE type R battery. The Honda place actually warrantied the battery for me so I didn’t have to pay anything out of pocket.

Last edited:

typemismatch

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A whole farm of Hondas
Country flag
I have actually heard of this happening, new cars coming with bad batteries, it does happen, and it can be super strange to diagnose.

jdmk20akid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Civic w/ B18c5, 2016 Honda Accord EX w/ Honda Sensing
Country flag
Even though Ktuner hasn't released any updates for a stage 2 tune yet, can we at least get an idea of where its at in the R & D process? Any specific power goals? Hurdles or issues that you guys are running into as far as stock tuning potential?

At least give me something so I can sleep at night.. lol

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
Even though Ktuner hasn't released any updates for a stage 2 tune yet, can we at least get an idea of where its at in the R & D process? Any specific power goals? Hurdles or issues that you guys are running into as far as stock tuning potential?

At least give me something so I can sleep at night.. lol
*****I don't have any insider information*****
I can say that the MAF is nearly maxed out with the Stage 1 tune. Meaning it's a 0-5V or 1-5V signal and the signal input is hitting 4.95V. In addition, the fuel system is toward the ceiling. I suspect a Stage2 will involve a new MAF housing so that the signal can be re-scaled. I don't know what is involved in that process or whether it can even be done with the KTuner reflash.
-If not, there will need to be a MAF signal modifier to adjust the scaling electrically. That's not an ideal solution.

I've heard there is enough room in the fuel system to exceed 400hp (can't cite the source) but not enough to go flex-fuel.

Beyond that, no idea. Without definitions on stages, it's also fairly ambiguous.

idragmazda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
Tried an experiment this morning.

After running the normal Stage 1 tune for the last few months (no other mods), I reverted back to the stock ECU map because I'm installing basically all FBO parts (intake, downpipe + full exhaust, intercooler, turbo blanket, catch-can, etc.) and flashing the Stage 1 DP tune this Friday and wanted to see the impact of a purely stock CTR vs. everything I just mentioned (we'll be dyno'ing pre- and post-installation, so I'll post numbers too).

I'm running 255/35/20 Conti all seasons (a little less grippy than OEM tires), and having solid traction in 1st really (and around 30-40 mph in 2nd too) makes the car definitely feel quicker and more precise. Obviously as you get above 40 mph, you crave the Stage 1's higher power.

Basically what I'm saying is that I'm definitely going to give the dampened stage 1 tune a shot for everyday street driving (especially with so much power at the front wheels).

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Good deal.
I went to +R today on my drive to work and got wheel-hop/full TCS in 3rd. Cold tires!

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Oh I have a feature request for @KTuner - can you make a pop-up on the TunerView app that says "DANGER TO MANIFOLD" in certain conditions?

idragmazda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
Good deal.
I went to +R today on my drive to work and got wheel-hop/full TCS in 3rd. Cold tires!
Finally getting that turbo weather here in PA, now I know why people keep saying "you don't really need more than 300 whp on a FWD car". I lightly apply throttle as I'm driving through the streets of Philly and tires break loose way too easily (especially with cold tires). Good problem to have I suppose :dunno:

Linszter

TunerView Developer
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Accord K24, 2005 Civic K20 VSA
Country flag

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Finally getting that turbo weather here in PA, now I know why people keep saying "you don't really need more than 300 whp on a FWD car". I lightly apply throttle as I'm driving through the streets of Philly and tires break loose way too easily (especially with cold tires). Good problem to have I suppose :dunno:
It's awesome! But I worry if I can stop and turn in an emergency situation.
I rarely get to exceed 45mph on my drive to work and it's not the kind of drive that concerns me. The stock tires are old and I don't really care if I 'ruin' them in the cold. The winter set is ready in the garage and I'll be putting new summer tires on before May. I hope to AutoX/ruin them this saturday.

idragmazda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
It's awesome! But I worry if I can stop and turn in an emergency situation.
I rarely get to exceed 45mph on my drive to work and it's not the kind of drive that concerns me. The stock tires are old and I don't really care if I 'ruin' them in the cold. The winter set is ready in the garage and I'll be putting new summer tires on before May. I hope to AutoX/ruin them this saturday.
Just reflashed to stage 1 dampened 1st gear tune. 1st feels good, 2nd spins too much. Will likely play with 2nd gear torque targets to help with launching car.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Just reflashed to stage 1 dampened 1st gear tune. 1st feels good, 2nd spins too much. Will likely play with 2nd gear torque targets to help with launching car.
Are you on all seasons or winter tires? I found that the car hooked pretty good on studless winter tires.