KTuner Extended Testing And Tune Results

FK8_4002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2000 Civic Si, 1997 Civic Dx, 1990 Civic Wagon RT4WD, 2008 Honda Element
Country flag
I am only a few days into having my V2 and haven't put in a lot of miles yet, but my first impressions are amazing! I am just using the base stage 1 tune and the power comes on a lot smoother and consistent. The butt dyno defiantly feels more power too. I will be getting the R on the Dyno soon and I'm super excited to start digging into this car. Just being able to data log has been a god send and the V2 touch unit is a really nice touch. Having the touch screen unit to view gauges, re-flash the tune, start data logging...ect. Its nice not having to tote a clunky laptop around just to data log.

Something that seems rare now a days is customer service, but KTuner has been excellent in that department. Dealing with Ktuner has been a breeze!

I will keep updates coming.
Sponsored

Ctrnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai veracruz, 2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I am only a few days into having my V2 and haven't put in a lot of miles yet, but my first impressions are amazing! I am just using the base stage 1 tune and the power comes on a lot smoother and consistent. The butt dyno defiantly feels more power too. I will be getting the R on the Dyno soon and I'm super excited to start digging into this car. Just being able to data log has been a god send and the V2 touch unit is a really nice touch. Having the touch screen unit to view gauges, re-flash the tune, start data logging...ect. Its nice not having to tote a clunky laptop around just to data log.

Something that seems rare now a days is customer service, but KTuner has been excellent in that department. Dealing with Ktuner has been a breeze!

Thanks for this :) I honestly am dying waiting to get my ktuner unit. I wish they get the cat stuff organized asap

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #0426. 2014 Accord Coupe V6
Country flag
If Ktuner offered a cloned ECU so the stock remains untouched (like Hondata), I would be all over it. Have Ktuner for my Accord and has been good and would like my Type R to have it as well.

OP
OP
KTuner

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag

Thanks! When on the dyno be sure to keep the IATs down and consistent between runs, or results will suffers as the ECU tries to protect the engine!

If Ktuner offered a cloned ECU so the stock remains untouched (like Hondata), I would be all over it. Have Ktuner for my Accord and has been good and would like my Type R to have it as well.
Email us. We have a bunch of spare ECUs on the shelf for this, just not offering as a service currently.

ChampwhiteFK8

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW Type R
Country flag
If the ECU is unlocked by Hondata, would I be able to use KTuner?
i just asked this question in one of the other threads and this was their response.

"If the ECU is already unlocked you don't need to send it in anywhere. Just make sure you flash back to factory and unlock the KTuner unit."

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i just asked this question in one of the other threads and this was their response.

"If the ECU is already unlocked you don't need to send it in anywhere. Just make sure you flash back to factory and unlock the KTuner unit."
not sure why someone would go switch to something inferior in Hondata but to each his own.

iforyou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R, 2001 Honda S2000, 2007 Acura RDX
Country flag
Not sure if this was answered before, but I know that KTuner is training one Canadian dealer for unlocking the ECU. Is this still in process? Or is the Canadian dealer ready to do the unlocking? If so, which dealer is it? Thanks!

OP
OP
KTuner

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Not sure if this was answered before, but I know that KTuner is training one Canadian dealer for unlocking the ECU. Is this still in process? Or is the Canadian dealer ready to do the unlocking? If so, which dealer is it? Thanks!
We made an announcement today on our facebook, www.facebook.com/KTunerLLC

Precision Auto Canada

J35W2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 supercharged Civic Si (sold), '06 Civic Si (sold) , '14 V6-6MT Accord Coupe (sold), '17 CTR #1637, '18 Civic LX Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Will you guys be providing any software updates to include calibrations for the stage 1 tune with supporting bolt-ons; IC, E, DP? And, if any intakes, which ones? Personally I’m only interested in the Mishimoto intake, but several other options are available, obviously.

OP
OP
KTuner

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Will you guys be providing any software updates to include calibrations for the stage 1 tune with supporting bolt-ons; IC, E, DP? And, if any intakes, which ones? Personally I’m only interested in the Mishimoto intake, but several other options are available, obviously.
IC, Exhaust, and DPs are already supported parts. Intakes may throw fueling off, depending on the MAF housing. We heard from @Mishimoto once regarding testing and they mentioned having someone contact us to ask about our tuning practices, but that never happened. If anyone gets one and wants to work with us we'd love to see how they look.

J35W2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 supercharged Civic Si (sold), '06 Civic Si (sold) , '14 V6-6MT Accord Coupe (sold), '17 CTR #1637, '18 Civic LX Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
IC, Exhaust, and DPs are already supported parts. Intakes may throw fueling off, depending on the MAF housing. We heard from @Mishimoto once regarding testing and they mentioned having someone contact us to ask about our tuning practices, but that never happened. If anyone gets one and wants to work with us we'd love to see how they look.
Great news, thank you. I’d be happy to assist with the Mishi intake, once it arrives. How exactly could I help?

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
I’m pretty close to (relatively) Mishimoto and to IMW of course...I’ve been trying to ask Mishi to help me out with a +15mm ID MAF housing. No interest in doing so at this time. Grr.

Detailmylifeaway

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic type r , s2000 , delsol & soon to be a NSX
Country flag
I’m pretty close to (relatively) Mishimoto and to IMW of course...I’ve been trying to ask Mishi to help me out with a +15mm ID MAF housing. No interest in doing so at this time. Grr.
That was a good idea , I wish they would have sold you one. I like your thinking , if we just had a larger maf house to do what we wanted to with. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
KTuner

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Great news, thank you. I’d be happy to assist with the Mishi intake, once it arrives. How exactly could I help?
I'll need some datalogs etc to check out. Get in touch when you have it!
Sponsored