shogun168

First Name
Edwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatchback (2018)
Country flag
So I'm running the Starter Dual Target 21 PSI map in my 1.5T CVT and just a little confused about some of these quick adjustments. How do the top three drop downs relate to the bottom section? Are the top three options applied to all three tune columns below them?

My eco button is set to "ECO On Normalized Throttle / ECO Off Sport+" but I can change "Tune 1 Target - Normal" and "Tune 1 Target - ECO" to different PSI levels? Don't the two conflict?

How does the Turbo Spool option up top affect relate to the Turbo Responsiveness below it or the Boost Target Ramp below that?

Ideally I'd like to run just one map, eco button turns the car completely stock boost, responsiveness, spool etc and in normal mode to be running the 21 PSI tune with improved everything.

Apologies if these are dumb questions...

Honda Civic 10th gen KTuner dual tune + on the fly map switching Map Question CivicX.PNG
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Not dumb questions but a bit too many to reply to at one time.

Basically, the top 3 items are universally applied to all 3 of the tunes below. That ECO setting applies the throttle response when pressing the Econ button. With you having it set to Sport+, your throttle response is at it's most aggressive in both Eco and regular mode.

The main thing is, it sounds like you're not worried about the 3 on the fly tunes. So here's all you need to do...

If you don't keep Ktuner plugged in you will always run Tune 1. So that's what you want to setup. Don't touch tune 2 or 3. Set your turbo responsiveness to whatever you like. It controls how the turbo reacts to part throttle inputs. Set Target - normal to 21psi. Set Target - Eco to Factory. Set Ramp rate to how aggressive you want your turbo to ramp up at high throttle. Use any setting you want except the disable setting.

Now you have a 21psi tune switchable to factory by pressing the Econ button. Enjoy.

Last edited:
OP
OP
shogun168

shogun168

First Name
Edwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Not dumb questions but a bit too many to reply to at one time.

Basically, the top 3 items are universally applied to all 3 of the tunes below. That ECO setting applies the throttle response when pressing the Econ button. With you having it set to Sport+, your throttle response is at it's most aggressive in both Eco and regular mode.

The main thing is, it sounds like you're not worried about the 3 on the fly tunes. So here's all you need to do...

If you don't keep Ktuner plugged in you will always run Tune 1. So that's what you want to setup. Don't touch tune 2 or 3. Set your turbo responsiveness to whatever you like. It controls how the turbo reacts to part throttle inputs. Set Target - normal to 21psi. Set Target - Eco to Factory. Set Ramp rate to how aggressive you want your turbo to ramp up at high throttle. Use any setting you want except the disable setting.

Now you have a 21psi tune switchable to factory by pressing the Econ button. Enjoy.
That's cleared things up massively, thank you!

I'll be following your advice and setting everything to Tune 1.

I guess since the top 3 items are universal, if I set Throttle Responsiveness to II and Turbo Spool to II, those'll be the settings for both eco and normal mode in Tune 1?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Yes. So you have to remember "Factory" will run factory boost levels but will have better throttle and turbo response than stock. Trust me, you will love this. I've been tuned over a year and still get a huge smile when I put my foot into it.

OP
OP
shogun168

shogun168

First Name
Edwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yes. So you have to remember "Factory" will run factory boost levels but will have better throttle and turbo response than stock. Trust me, you will love this. I've been tuned over a year and still get a huge smile when I put my foot into it.
Oh totally, I've been running the dual starter for almost a year too - it's a total game changer.

It's just my wife has just started to learn to drive, so I wanted to try and temper the car as much as possible ;)
Sponsored