Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Amazon and the like have spoiled consumers by taking "the customer is always right" approach to the next level.
Actually, Amazon customer service is not even close to what it used to be. Matter of fact, it's getting terrible.
Sponsored

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
They want me to send it in but I'm not sure why I have to pay shipping when their device failed on me. Has me stuck in that tsp valet mode. smells burnt but it just stays plugged in all the time.
I've had mine for 6 months, no issues with it. They are unfortunately a smaller company with probably profits just on the margin. If the unit turns out to be defective you could probably persuade them to refund your postage

MONK13

First Name
MIKE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CIVIC Si
Country flag
Had to pay return shipping? they send you a brand new unit (with shipping) despite not being able to find a problem with your unit? AND in a timely manner?

Shipping cost you? $5

(Holding back natural sarcastic response)

Pick another small business who does this? Dry cleaner, restaurant, honda dealer,...?

No judgement here but... try to be happier, things could always be so much worse. Just ask the forum and they will enlighten everyone.

$.02 Has been deposited, please change.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Technically, I don't think there's a written warranty for KTuner (at least that I've seen). Still, JR does his best to 100% stand by his product. :thumbsup:

Mcclaughry95

500hp is the goal.
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si
Country flag
Because not all companies are huge corporations that can afford to take losses in lieu of the appearence of grand customer service. Amazon and the like have spoiled consumers by taking "the customer is always right" approach to the next level. But when you deal with small businesses (ie. KTuner) paying return shipping for warranty work is pretty standard. Even larger well known companies will have you pay return shipping for warranty service unless you make a fuss about it.
I thought ktuner was a fairly large company as fast as they respond. I'm just upset that 2 months and it quit on me. Going to have to push back this recall date until I'm able to flash back to stock assuming they can move my base tune onto the new unit. So does anyone know if it's better to not have it plugged in 24/7? I just like to keep an eye on knock control.

Mcclaughry95

500hp is the goal.
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si
Country flag
Had to pay return shipping? they send you a brand new unit (with shipping) despite not being able to find a problem with your unit? AND in a timely manner?

Shipping cost you? $5

(Holding back natural sarcastic response)

Pick another small business who does this? Dry cleaner, restaurant, honda dealer,...?

No judgement here but... try to be happier, things could always be so much worse. Just ask the forum and they will enlighten everyone.

$.02 Has been deposited, please change.
I really hope it's only 5 dollars. I'm overly cautious so will probably insure it. Their response time is within a few minutes despite my email at 630 am.
Sponsored